cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lost my TV antenna

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
We just got back from a trip to Jetty Park. This is one of the few parks we frequent that doesn't have cable. I am not a TV person but the wife likes to watch the local news where ever we are in the mornings.

I scanned for TV channels and only got 8. Usually I get 20-30 stations when we stay at Jetty Park. The few channels that came in, were not coming in well.

The next morning I got out my ladder and when on top of the motorhome and the TV antenna is gone! I don't know the make/model of the antenna but it looks like a Frisbee but it is directional. There is a knob on the ceiling that you can turn to tune in channels. The only thing remaining was the post/mount that the antenna was on. None of the sites we have stayed at in the last year or so had trees so I know it didn't get knocked off. The TV antenna is directly behind the front A/C unit when is taller so I don't see how it could have hit anything. I think it must have just flown off while driving.

Has anyone ever had this happen? Absolutely no noticeable damage on top of the motorhome. I am wondering how long the antenna has been gone since I haven't used it for 6-8 months.

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)
4 REPLIES 4

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
That was Winegards attempt to try to cash in on the popular King Jack antenna,with poor results.It seems that there were a lot of failures like yours reported. I think a replacement with the King Jack would be an up grade.

I am not a fan of Winegard products and switched to the Jack antenna with great results.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
wa8yxm wrote:
The "Flying saucer" is a Winegard Road Star or something like that

I'd consider replacing with a Sensar IV.. (The best RV antenna made) with a Sensar Pro interior module (the wall plate)

The model I have is a Winegard Rayzar Z1 Model # RZ-6035 Black. It's not really a Flying saucer per se but it's not an omni-directional. Do all antennas have the same "hole" footprint in the roof? I have a knob that I turn the antenna with. The antenna doesn't rise up and down but I can turn it. I guess I am just wondering if I get a different model antenna, will I have a messed up ceiling because it would have to be modified for a different antenna installation? My initial thought was just to get the same model for replacement since I thought that would be the easiest thing but I am a ham radio operator so I like grabbing RF signals so I'd like to have a better antenna as long as the install isn't painful.

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The "Flying saucer" is a Winegard Road Star or something like that

I'd consider replacing with a Sensar IV.. (The best RV antenna made) with a Sensar Pro interior module (the wall plate)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
About 2 to 3 years ago on our way home from Tennessee a big motorhome passed us with a satellite dome flailing in the wind Iโ€™m sure at some point it came completely off of the motorhome I tried to catch up and warn driver but he was just driving too fast