Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: RecPro RV A/C
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> RecPro RV A/C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Next
CYCLEPATH

East Tawas, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 06:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m looking at the RecPro 9.5K low profile A/C. I have never heard of them. Does anyone have any experience with them, or heard anything about them? Thank you.

https://www.recpro.com/rv-air-conditioner-low-profile-9-5k-quiet-ac-with-remote-control-non-ducted/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwzYGGBhCTARIsAHdMTQwgeeWSvRSXalwlyR4YoVDGHmbnFjuTfjXUy0wUnFHApZ9eopcbQMwaAvnMEALw_wcB

Ed_Gee

Central Oregon coast

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 10:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I purchased one due to be installed at end of June. At least a couple of my fellow Winnebago Fuse owners have installed the Houghton air conditioner.... primary reason is the original Winnebago Coleman Mach 10 AC is horribly noisy. The Houghton is significantly more quiet.....plus it is available. The quiet version of the Mach 10 is back ordered many months. From what I have been able to gleen on various forums.... everyone who installed this unit is happy. I think it is too new to have attracted a lot of attention and feedback yet.

Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

mellow

Salisbury, MD

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 08:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting, I have been looking for something not as taxing on our generator(less propane use?) and has a lower profile than the OEM AC unit. I would be interested in how it does for you.

One drawback I see: *Does not work with other brand wall thermostats

2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

CYCLEPATH

East Tawas, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is made by Houghton. From what reviews I have seen, not bad. I will soon find out, as I ordered one. I will not be using a wall thermostat, so that should not be an issue. It's supposed to be here mid- next week. After I get it in, I will give an update. Thanks.

bigfootford

Fair Oaks, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/21 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Um, a 2000 watt Honda is going to be working at a pretty high wattage rating. Think Honda recommends 1600 continuous watts max.

The ratings for cooling is a bit confusing.

Rated curent for cooling of 12.6 amps = 1512 watts using ohms law.
Note what they say, "Input needed for cooling is 1370.".

They way I look at it the 2000watt honda will be working pretty hard. Probably the 2500 watt unit would be better. The 2000 generates a max 16.6 amps. I would bet that at altitude the honda 2000 could not handle the needed max current of 14.6.

Another issue is the remote only controls..

I do like the unit though.

Jim

Recpro AC

https://www.recpro.com/rv-air-conditione........FjuTfjXUy0wUnFHApZ9eopcbQMwaAvnMEALw_wcB

Power supply: 115V/60Hz
Refrigerant charged: R410A/430g
Rated cooling capacity: 9500BTU/H
Input needed for cooling: 1370 W
Rated current for cooling: 12.6 A
Maximum power input: 1590 W
Maximum current: 14.6 A
Energy Efficiency Rating (EER): 5.97
Maximum design pressure: 600PSIG
Minimum design pressure: 236PSIG
CFM (high speed): 235
Installed weight: approx. 68 pounds
Recommended for space up to 400 Square Feet
Recommended wire gauge: 12 AWG or larger

2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Mich 245/70XDS2's, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260,Lifeline 100ah, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Trimetric, Delorme/laptop, Holux gps rec,led lights, Wave-3 heat.

stevenal

Newport, OR, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For AC, W=V*A*pf where pf is the power factor. pf is always less than one for inductive loads such as motors. I would go with the wattage rating.

'18 Bigfoot 1500
Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like it and am considering replacing my furnace and now my AC. Let us know how it works and the install please.
I agree with above. Get the needed wattage.

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/21 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

THat actually might be a very good candidate for my AF 992.

This might clear the roof rack on my AF 992. Northwood seems to mount the rack AFTER the A/C is installed. I've seen other 992s with the Mach 8, where the the roof rack clears the back of the A/C, but that won't be the case with my 992 and a Mach 8. I would need to hack up one segment of the roof rack to make space for a Mach 8.

Time to get up on the roof again with my tape measure.

* This post was last edited 06/11/21 07:12pm by deltabravo *   View edit history

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2009 Arctic Fox 811 (bought new 11/9/09)
2018 Timber Ridge 24RLS (bought pre-owned 3/12/20)
2008 Haulmark 8.5x20 toy box trailer

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 06/11/21 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I said in another topic, I just installed the 13.5 model on my Sprinter conversion. Good looking unit with low profile and looks like low maintenance will be required with vent thru the top.
But I haven't used it yet.
Sprinter forum has several members using them already and no complains.
Since it is low-profile model, it is longer- going to the rear.

CYCLEPATH

East Tawas, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/21 02:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got the bottom, inside plenum unit. Nice looking, and low profile. I had to do some engineering with the multitool to make it fit. As someone said, Ihe OD of the plenum insert is 14 1/8", so it wouldn't fit up into the 14" hole. I have not removed the topside vent yet, as the A/C upper unit has yet to arrive.

An issue I am having is, there are three long wires that were wrapped around the inside of the vent. The red one has a wire nut on it, the white nothing, and then there is a bigger grey one with about 8 or 9 very small wires in it. I can not get them to push back into the hole, but about an inch or two. I don't know what they are for. I will call Lance tech to see what they have to say, if I can get a hold of them. I do not have a TV hooked up, or satellite. I would like to clip them, cap them, and put them back in the tube. I doubt the A/C will fit with them wrapped around it.

Anyone with knowledge about these wires? I have an '04 Lance 921. Thank you.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> RecPro RV A/C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.