cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cover For Fifth Wheel

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
Need some advice on purchasing a good quality cover for the trailer to be stored for winter. We can get 1-2 feet of snow during the winter and I need to protect the trailer but I want the best quality. If anyone has any experience with this please give me your information.
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie
4 REPLIES 4

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
All good but make sure its secure. If you have any dust in your area you may want to reconsider. Dust under the cover and wind = sandpaper. If you get any wind at all be sure to cover any sharp edges. Bubble wrap and painters tape. Stairs, antenae(s) Anything with a 90 degree corner needs wrapped if you get any wind.
Best of luck!
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014

Sonora108
Explorer
Explorer
We went with a KingBird cover for our 5ver after doing a lot of research but in the end it did not even make it through one winter here in high desert of NW Nevada. It developed a long rip from the top down along a zipper.
I will say KingBird was very easy to deal with though, I sent them pictures of the damage and they refunded full purchase price and didn't have to return old cover.
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L, B&W Hitch, Twin Honda EU2000i Generators, Tri Metric Battery Monitor, Reese 5th. Airborne.

โ€œGoing to the mountains is going home.โ€ John Muir

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have a 5er, but I can tell you based on my experience with vintage cars, if nothing else, be absolutely sure it's breathable. You certainly don't want a build-up of moisture or mold, especially since the cover won't be coming off of it regularly.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
While we store ours indoors here in upstate NY, believe this has come up before. In any case, ADCO make a good cover. You just have to make sure it's tied down well so wind doesn't catch it and rub the cover on the RV and all.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"