cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rv tires

abzs
Explorer
Explorer
has anyone heard of or had experience with www.rvtires.com? I'm trying to buy new Michelin XRV tires and they are about the only place that has them available. Their price is on par with others but it makes me leery when I can not find anything about them, good or bad. Just curious if anyone has any info on them. They are based in Albany NY per the website. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
You don't need "motorhome" tires. A truck tire will work fine.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. 😞
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

abzs
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the input. They do still make the tires in the 22.5 size anyway. Also agree with having the guaranty the DOT date to be sure the are reasonable fresh. We had a hard time buying last set. I will check with Michelin since last time we were told they only make them periodically in batches.
Our tires are going on 6 years old so we got time to find them. I just try to change before we have an issue.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did a quick chat with them and if your tires are 19.5 they do not make them any more.

Sagebrush
Explorer
Explorer
They don't stock them around here, tire shops order in the RV specific tires. Around here it takes a few days or they have to ship them in at extra cost

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
99% of tire installers call a warehouse and them delivered to their shop. Even Costco, Sam's, and WalMart only carry a select few sizes in quantity.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
I google them and several places have them. You do know that this is a Summer tire only as stated on the tire specs. If your tire guy can't get them , then either they are not making them right now. Have stop making them. I went thru that some years back and had to pay a down payment and when they went back into production I got them. I would contact Michelin and see what they say. You can chat or call them .tel: 1-866-866-6605

Can't help you on place you ask about.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If you are paying by credit card, you will be protected. I'd get them to state and guarantee the manufacturing date. Since no one else has them, I'd be concerned.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad