cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front stabilizers on Class C Jamboree

mcultice
Explorer
Explorer
I am fairly new to motor homes and have a 2005 Fleetwood Jamboree 31M. I’m wondering why there are no stabilizers/jacks on the front end as there are on the back. Can anyone provide a reason? Can I install some or use 2 scissor jacks when I park?

Thanks
Marc
9 REPLIES 9

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
ron.dittmer wrote:
If your rig moves a lot when parked, then it moves a lot when being driven. So if you are thinking you need stabilizer jacks, you might benefit from heavy duty front and rear stabilizer bars also called sway bars.

Motorhomes built on the Ford E350 model 2007 and older, don't have any kind of rear stabilizer bar unless added by a previous owner. If you lack a rear stabilizer bar, adding a heavy duty one will significantly reduce the need for stabilizer jacks.

CLICK HERE for instruction on a simple test you can perform to help determine if you could benefit from such suspension upgrades.

I'll add to Ron's comment.
Most if not all older Ford chassis E450-E150 vans used the same size "Anti" Sway Bars front and rear.
Saying that your E35-E450 now has a home on an extended frame.
The "Anti" Sway Bars are way undersized .

Replace the front and (or add) rear "Anti" Sway Bars.
Hellwig ones are better price than the Road Master ones.
Also depending on mileage replacing the Shocks with Bilstein HD shocks would help too.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
If your rig moves a lot when parked, then it moves a lot when being driven. So if you are thinking you need stabilizer jacks, you might benefit from heavy duty front and rear stabilizer bars also called sway bars.

Motorhomes built on the Ford E350 model 2007 and older, don't have any kind of rear stabilizer bar unless added by a previous owner. If you lack a rear stabilizer bar, adding a heavy duty one will significantly reduce the need for stabilizer jacks.

CLICK HERE for instruction on a simple test you can perform to help determine if you could benefit from such suspension upgrades.

mcultice
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses. We would like to stabilize the unit, but I will just buy a couple more jacks and carry them, no need to install. Thanks, all!

Marc

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
We used scissor jacks when we first bought our 22e but soon got used to the little bit of rocking when getting into the coach and didn’t notice much when parked and moving around inside. I still carry them in our new rv just in case.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Are you just wondering or do you see a need for them?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most likely for leveling purposes. I had front and rear hydraulics on my Cambria and often just used the rears. In windy conditions it helped by putting all four down, the coach was more stable.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
You’ll soon discover that many of the items you buy because of advertising or suggestion go unused. Storage space on all RVs is at a premium. Buy only after you have a real need.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The first question is does any rocking bother you and the family? If it does, then you can buy what you need. We get along well in our TT without any stabilization.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
If you have them on the rear, they were probably installed by the previous owner. Our 06 does not have them nor were they even a factory option.
The suspension is stiff enough, there in no rocking around when people, including teenage boys, are walking around. Before investing in front, try using the MH with and without using the rear ones. See how comfortable you feel.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.