cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best leveling jacks/blocks

Hemling
Explorer
Explorer
What do you guys use to stabilize your camper? Mine has the automatic stabilizers, but even on a concrete level pad we get a lot of bounce when walking through the camper. I feel like I need to get the load off the tires/suspension a bit.
5 REPLIES 5

Sagebrush
Explorer
Explorer
Use the stabilizer chocks between the tires, I use the BAL X chocks sometimes or the light weight camco yellow plastic ones work too. Also putting a couple blocks under the stabilizers help too, I put pressure treated 6"x4"x14" wood blocks under mine. Adding two stabilizer stands near the axles will take the spring bounce out.

msmith1_wa
Explorer
Explorer
Add another set of stabilizers near the axles.
2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I got the JT Strong Arm bars that bolt to the jack and the frame of the trailer. They really make a difference. I have the standard scissor jacks on all 4 corners and no matter how tight you made them they bounced.

Push on the corner of your rig when it's setup and just see how much it moves.. Push forward to back and it moves even more.

The bars really take that movement out of the whole rig. It's not 100%, but it's 100 times better than it was before!

Here are the rear ones. These have the side to side and front to back.

Here are the front. Just side to side.

You have to drill and find the best place for them for your application and have a good drill set and a 3/8 tap if you need one..

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
Wood blocks to lessen the leveler distance. My SIL has a fiver with 6 auto leveling legs. Near full extension they got wonky.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
One thing you might try is tire chocks.. I mean the ones that fit very tightly between the tires, not those cheap plastic blocks on the ground
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman