cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

electrical question

kemer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Winnebago Sightseer. In a small storage bin by the mid-door is some sort of electrical box. It has a couple outlets that I've used for extension cords, etc. It has just started to "chirp" every couple minutes. Nothing is plugged into it. Just wondering what this could be. Couldn't find anything in the manuals for this.

THANKS
9 REPLIES 9

gwtriker
Explorer
Explorer
Had same chirping sound on my 2014 Sightseer - it's the propane detector located near floor about a foot away to the right of the electric box you mentioned. Detector has a service life of about 6 -> 7 years (will keep chirping - can't shut it off ... with time, chirp will change to a constant scream). Simple to change out (2 screws and a plug). Mine was a MTI Industries 30-442-P-WT Propane Gas Alarm bought from Amazon for about $45.00

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, it could be a detector. Easy way is to change the batteries.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
DrewE wrote:
Are you sure the chirp is from that box, and not from a nearby smoke, CO, or propane detector? Sometimes the sources of such noises can be fiendishly difficult to locate correctly.

Excellent point
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure the chirp is from that box, and not from a nearby smoke, CO, or propane detector? Sometimes the sources of such noises can be fiendishly difficult to locate correctly.

kemer
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Inverter in bin. Chirp is low battery. Are you connected to shore power or dry camping?
I'm plugged into shore power

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Inverter in bin. Chirp is low battery. Are you connected to shore power or dry camping?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

ken1961
Explorer
Explorer
Could it be supplied from the inverter and chirp is low battery?
Ken

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
My smoke detectors do that but we have no outlet to plug in anything. Look close and see if you can tell if it might be opened somehow
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow