cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery Issues, Connections?

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
I took my TT in for an A/c Issue and they put in a new 1300 A/C. I have a new Rockport with a 1500 and a 1300 A/c. Problem is my hitch jack no longer works unless I'm plugged into the truck or shore power. I had the trailer plugged in since I cam home so I figured it was getting a trickle charge. The dealer must have unhooked something when he changed out the A/C unit. I thought it was a dead battery but I put a meter on it and the battery is fully charged. I can't reach him today because they are closed but will call him as soon as they are open. Any ideal where I should start looking?
4 REPLIES 4

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
GUESS #1
they disconnected the house batteries when the worked on the A/C (instructions say to do that though no technician I know actually does, myself included and yes I'm a certified electronics electrician. I so disconnect batteries on SOME stuff like Inverters)

And they missed a wire re-connecting.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
Ha! I just looked under my butane tanks where the battery cables were headed and found a large switch , On/Off for Battery. I turned the switch to On and guess what? My hitch now works. You are correct and I guess I'm still a novice.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Hitch jack should come right off battery.
My first guess is they disconnected the battery, then dropped a wire when they reconnected.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had some electrical problems and found that the connections to the wires from my batteries to my converter has come loose. I had to get new crimpers and re-crimp the cables. Both the ground and one of my positive cables had come loose.