cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

12 v water pump possessed?

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
When I turn on my 12v water pump it shoots water out of the city water hookup inlet. I would assume their is a check valve issue. Anybody know where the valve might be, or is it part of the pump.
36 ft Montana 2014
Thanks in advance!
Jim
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014
5 REPLIES 5

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
it's right at the hose connection. If you have water available try hooking up and turning on the hose to open and hopefully seat the valve
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Most commonly the shore power water connection has a back flow valve. Sometimes they stick. I believe there is an "O" ring that may have aged out.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Use a plug.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

One of my rigs had a petcock to shut off city water from the inside. If you have one and it's open, then water could be shooting out.
However, there should be a check valve in the city water connection that does not allow back flow. Maybe check that too.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes there is one in the connection This Video may be of help to you.

Until I got mine fixed I used a Plug as in the video.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C