cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Salt Lake City to Spokane Wa.

rpcali
Explorer
Explorer
We are renting a 30 ft RV in SLC and driving straight to Spokane within 24 hours,which route is the fastest and easiest for first timers. Thx
10 REPLIES 10

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I just have to LOL when I hear anything about traffic, lanes or stressful drive anywhere between SLC and Spokane, via either route, unless maybe during a snow storm!
Both are a nice drive, IMO. 15 to 90 is a bit quicker on paper.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've done both routes many times. Going up through Boise and Tri-cities may be a bit shorter but busy traffic areas, different highways, and as was said, numerous lane changes can be a bit nerve racking. My choice would be to take 15 to Butte and 90 west to Spokane. Prettier drive and very little high traffic areas.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Of course those of us here in Eastern WA have to point out that the worst part of the entire route is negotiating 395 through Kennewick/Pasco.
Just remember: whatever lane you are in, it will very soon be the wrong one!

PatJ
Explorer II
Explorer II
Done SLC to Tri-Cities at least 20 times and Tri to Spokane a zillion; so for that reason I agree with Y-guy's tips even though I've never personally done the Idaho side north. So I may be wrong or uninformed.

SLC to Twin Falls, Boise, Kennewick, Ritzville, Spokane, my guess 12 hours in a car at the speed limit and on modern divided-highway the whole time.
Patrick

Y-Guy
Google will tell you the shortest route is I15 to I90, that said you in the mountains so your speed will be reduced to some degree.

Taking I84 through Boise and cutting off at I82 at Hermiston to US395 at Kennewick to I90 at Ritzville might be a faster route. You only have one significant pass and that's going down hill after La Grande, OR. The key here is to check the weather, the area from Hermiston through Kennewick (Tri-Cities) and on to Ritzville can be very windy. Just know before go.

The drive through Montana is a lot prettier though.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
SKroamcampgrounds wrote:
stop in jackson, WY if you can and check out the Grand Tetons. Super gorgeous

Not if they're in a hurry. Traffic in that area will be s-l-o-w.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

SKroamcampgroun
Explorer
Explorer
stop in jackson, WY if you can and check out the Grand Tetons. Super gorgeous

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
I-15 to Butte, than I-90 into Spokane
This is the easiest route.