cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

High Profile 5th Wheel - Southern Cal to Gold Beach Oregon

ford-willy
Explorer
Explorer
Using the GS trip Planner the basic route from Southern California to Gold Beach Oregon is the 5 transitioning to the 101 at/after/through San Francisco area. --- If I set the trip planner to AVOID TOLLS it is about 17:40 hrs and 880 miles. ALLOWING TOLLS is quicker and shorter 17:18 hrs and 871 miles. --- Questions, where is the toll road/bridge?, would my big high profile 5ver be ok on the toll road/bridge, any idea what the cost for the toll may be? Any other info would be appreciated also.
2009 Grand Junction 335TRL--2011 F350 Lariat 4X4 Dually Crew Cab, 6.7 Diesel, 6 Speed Auto, 3:73 Gears--One Great Towing Machine.---------
2016 Forest River Salem T21RBS
5 REPLIES 5

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
ca traveler get my vote for the easiest route

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Best route is 5, 20, 101. Do you want to go through the Bay area?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
I'm guessing that the Golden Gate Bridge is the toll road.

Any kind of booth crossing like that (tollbooths, immigration, agricultural, etc.) should have truck lanes for high profile vehicles.

The Golden Gate Bridge has no toll going north - if you're seeing a north-bound toll it's most likely the Richmond-San Rafael bridge, or the San Mateo bridge. They both charge the toll for west-bound traffic. The current toll is $21 for 4 axles and $26 for 5 axles.
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why hurry? That's just 20 minutes of a 20 hour trip.

dedmiston
I'm guessing that the Golden Gate Bridge is the toll road.

Any kind of booth crossing like that (tollbooths, immigration, agricultural, etc.) should have truck lanes for high profile vehicles.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230