cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good rest area arounf Buffalo Wyoming

rvnutts
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone. Part of our upcoming trip will be to drive from Sturgis to Cody Wyoming. Is there a good rest area around Buffalo,Wyoming? It will be s long drive and i know we will need to rest,eat and fill up with diesel.Thanks!
Brian and Lynn
2017 Ram 2500 SLT 6.7L
2013 Heartland Big Country 3250ts
7 REPLIES 7

rvnutts
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! Yes, it is just for a rest stop and leg stretcher!??
Brian and Lynn
2017 Ram 2500 SLT 6.7L
2013 Heartland Big Country 3250ts

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
If you are just wanting a safe place to park for a few minutes, there is a Parking Area on I-90 westbound just a mile or two before the US-16 exit in Buffalo. You will see a sign that says Parking Area 750 Feet. Make sure you get in the right lane quickly as it comes up very fast. There is also an Exxon station with truck lanes just west of the exit on US-16.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

richclover
Explorer
Explorer
rvnutts wrote:
Hey everyone. Part of our upcoming trip will be to drive from Sturgis to Cody Wyoming. Is there a good rest area around Buffalo,Wyoming? It will be s long drive and i know we will need to rest,eat and fill up with diesel.Thanks!

Thereโ€™s a Cenex on 16, across from the Holiday Inn Express. $ 3.19/gl, cheapest in Buffalo according to GasBuddy. Review says thereโ€™s room for larger RVโ€™s.

GasBuddy is my friend, given the increases in fuel prices. Wife and I just got home from a 3000-mi road trip to N WI. Diesel prices from $2.95 to $3.70. We had a fuel stop planned on I-90, Murdo, SD. Until I checked GasBuddy. 20 miles further east to Vivian and I saved $17.00.

Happy Trails and Safe Travels!
Rich
2019 RAM 1500 Classic 4X4 Hemi
2021 CanAm Maverick DS Turbo
Southern NV

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Google is your friend.

Go to Google Maps and get to the rough area you are looking for and type โ€œrest areaโ€ in the search box instead of an address.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Since Sturgis to Cody is only about a 6-hour drive, you're not looking for an overnite stop, but just more of a break, correct?
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
This may help:

https://freecampsites.net/#!Buffalo,Wyoming

and:

https://www.google.ca/maps/search/rest+stop/@44.345012,-106.8577208,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!2m7!3m6!1s...
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Try Lake De Smet.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman