cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best place to sell class A motorhome

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you recommend to list an RV for sale ?
21 REPLIES 21

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone for all of the advice on selling my motorhome. I sold today for my asking price. It has been a great ride for 17 years. It is now time to go on to other endeavors. Thanks for all of the great advice and friendship. I'll see you down the road.

Bruce_Brown
William Willard wrote:
wolfe10 -- Disagree with what ? You posted the same as I did -- Bill Willard

Bill,
Brett was agreeing with you, just a misprint.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Mike W wrote:
I also agree quality pictures are a must. Look at PPL out of Texas and do what they do. Same shots, angles, subject matter. Blurry or useless close ups of whatever ruin otherwise great ads on RV Trader. And bless whoever said remove or hide your personal stuff. You don't need silk flowers or faux breakfast in bed trays. Example, a power drill sitting on driver seat. "What are they fixing?"
Messy looking master bed. "Is this how they took care of the RV?" They matter.

Great advice. Yeah, those cluttered, messy RV photos send the message "We don't care." And don't take 20 photos of the same thing at different angles. I just looked through some used Class C photos online that had several photos of the rear storage space. I got it! I got it!

I took the max photos allowed on RV Trader and emptied our RV.

BTW, if you're taking photos with your phone, then hold your phone HORIZONTALLY -- not up and down.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
I just sold my 2001 Newmar DP a few weeks ago. It took about a month.

I used RV Trader and a local free Facebook marketplace.

A lead from the Facebook site led to our RV's sale. We received very few leads from RV Trader.

Unless you're in a hurry, I'd suggest using local area ads over RV Trader and similar services.

It's a VERY good time to sell.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

2g_s
Explorer
Explorer
We took our last trip in our motorhome to Houston at PPL Consignment. It sold within a month for the price we put on it to a guy from Florida. PPL wanted to put a lower price but we thought that everyone wants to come down in price so we kept it high. Our buyer didn't even suggest lower. It's so easy to do and it's in a prime RV-buying corridor so lots of lookers/buyers.

We just didn't want to deal with endless phone calls, setting up appointments and then no-shows.

Is there a good consignment near you?

I agree with another poster in that if you're out in the boonies people won't want to make the effort.

Mike_W
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not a fan of Craigslist because to me there are way too many scammers. HOWEVER, i sold the unit in my profile to a guy in China. Yes, China. He was there teaching English and was coming back and wanted an RV to tour the US in. Sent me half the money from China to hold until he got here. I also agree quality pictures are a must. Look at PPL out of Texas and do what they do. Same shots, angles, subject matter. Blurry or useless close ups of whatever ruin otherwise great ads on RV Trader. And bless whoever said remove or hide your personal stuff. You don't need silk flowers or faux breakfast in bed trays. Again, PPL. Example, a power drill sitting on driver seat. "What are they fixing?"
Messy looking master bed. "Is this how they took care of the RV?" They matter.
1987 Executive Diplomat 35
Sad Days
Sold my baby
๐Ÿ˜ž

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I should have added to my story about Craigslist. Both of mine sold to people outside of my area. In fact, I live in central Florida and one sold to a couple out of North Carolina and the other to a couple out of Pennsylvania. If your coach is at all unique, and desirable, by buyers, they will find the listing. I also got several emails from dealers which just let me know that my listing was working. I had offers for trade, wanting me to finance, etc. Just sort those out. The serious buyers will ask the right questions and if they need additional pictures of anything, send it to them.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I posted on Craigs list. Sold in 3 days.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

William_Willard
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 -- Disagree with what ? You posted the same as I did -- Bill Willard

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Living out in Plumas Lake isn't helping you. Only you, myself and a handful of people know where you are. Being somewhere where there is a larger audience would help tremendously.

mikim
Explorer
Explorer
We listed our for sale on RV Trader and had several RV dealers make offers.

Ended it positing on neighborhood social media app and sold it to someone local.

www.nextdoor.com

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
William Willard wrote:
Craigslist -- Only cost $5.00 to list -- Need to list bunches of pictures & priced to sell -- Bill Willard

AGREE: The more pictures, the more details on Craigslist, the more likely you are to find a real buyer instead of a "wisher".

ON EDIT: Sorry, I misread Bill's post. We are both saying the same thing.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Don't be insulted, but is the MH spotlessly clean and all personal items removed? I am amazed at the stuff people leave when taking pictures of item for sale. Good pictures are a must.
Don't be afraid of Craigslist. Yes you will get a lot of tire kickers, but it only takes one buyer. I sold my previous TT on Craigslist in one week. Seven calls, two lookers and one buyer. Price fairly and stick to your price.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
viajante wrote:
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
To me 'no activity' means it's priced too high. Just like with brick & mortar homes, EVERY home is sellable -- it just has to be priced right. There is no such thing as an unsellable home, and the same holds true for RV's. Start systematically lowering your price. You'll find the market when you hit the sweet spot, and it will sell.

We have already lowered the price twice and we are significantly lower than comparable units. I really need advice on where to list.

I have used RVYrader several times in the past with great success. Craigslist can be hit & miss -- plenty of scammers lurking there.

Have you had anyone actually come look at the unit?

How about your pictures -- there need to be plenty of them, and they need to be GOOD pictures. Many Realtors now use professional services to do their pictures and, wow, what a difference it makes. You might want to look into that. You could probably get the name of a good company through any local Real Estate agency.

Does the RV have any glaring negatives? Higher than normal mileage, areas needing repair, cleaning, or attention of another matter? Tires good (and spelled out in the ad, including pictures of the tires & date codes)?

Just a few thoughts.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress