cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

no picture with over the air: cable works fine

carjockie
Explorer
Explorer
Have a batwing style of antenna, no pictures, replace the head and still no pictures, any ideas will help.
5 REPLIES 5

carjockie
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all that replied; by bypassing the interior cable found out that the existing cable is bad, now to find someone who knows how to replace it, without destroying the interior.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok, Thinks I have seen:
Multiple Wall Plate/power inserter/Switches... Got to find the right one (Very rare)
Wall plate off/fuse blown
Wall plate not even connected
Bad connection (Roof pass through)
Bad coax
Missing head (ok you don't have that one)

Now I'm not a professional RV tech but twice it's been the roof pass through One was a pass through (it stuck up through the roof) I traced the problem to that point provided a bypass line and a dealer/shop fixed it (Tear into roof... NOT on your rig will I) The other time (my own) the connection was in the roof ( **THOUGHT** sealed (not very well) and had corroded to dust or darn close to it. A new barrel connector and two new waterproof compression cable ends and SUCCESS.

I've also seen popped fuses though on my rig I never found the @34#@ fuse for that circuit.

A test light is your friend by the way (Google automotive test light or visit most any auto store or departmetn, Looks like an old fashion ice pic)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Over the air.....Button for power must be on
Cable it needs to be off

TV needs to be set for 'air/antenna' input
*Cable is set to Cable or Aux input

Head of antenna needs to be POINTED/AIMED in direction of Tower
Many on-line TV directional websites ....put in your location and it will show direct/distance for towers
Auto Scan for available channels
*Each time you move you have to re-aim antenna and rescan for channels
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Is your television set properly for over-the-air DTV reception (as opposed to cable), and have you run a channel scan?

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Do you have a button to push, to power the antenna? If so, and you are doing everything right, then I'd suspect a a coax problem, maybe miswired, or shorted.

Has it worked in the past, and just recently no longer working?

Jerry