Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: I hate roundabouts -- but maybe I am wrong
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> I hate roundabouts -- but maybe I am wrong

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev
JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 05:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

I fully agree. Not many horse women around here. Just a bunch of young gals giving it their best to try to operate these huge pieces of machinery in the proper way. Funny, yet dangerous.

Over a lifetime I have seen danger from inexperienced and untrained people operating machines of all kinds and sizes. Never saw where indoor/outdoor plumbing made a difference.

This has been quoted, but nobody acts like they catch my point; A1ARealtorRick stated there is humor and danger form young/inexperienced women driving large pickups. I'm trying to point out it is the young/inexperienced, not the woman part that is the issue.

JKJavelin

Milwaukee, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/21 07:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many of us have been driving for over 50 years and took a thorough driving class. Things have changed and my state's DOT has done a terrible job of educating the public about new road landscape, roundabout confusion included.
We have bike trails near our house. Many drivers stop for an approaching bike on the trail. Bikes are not pedestrians. If a driver stops for a bike on a 4 lane road while drivers in the other lane fly by, that causes confusion for everybody.
Technology is changing but education is ignored.
JK

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde SRE-4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k
570 watts of Solar

2017- 21 Nights
2018- 75 Nights
2019- 138 Nights
2020- 72 Nights
2021- 80 Nights

paulj

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JKJavelin wrote:

We have bike trails near our house. Many drivers stop for an approaching bike on the trail. Bikes are not pedestrians. If a driver stops for a bike on a 4 lane road while drivers in the other lane fly by, that causes confusion for everybody.
JK

Multilane trail crossings are a bad idea. A trail that I use regularly has a couple like that, though fortunately the cross traffic isn't too heavy. But they are gradually being converted to single lane crossings, with islands or peninsulas, and warning lights. Busy crossing should have full stop lights, or better be grade separated.

Few 'bike' trails are exclusively for bikes. Pedestrians, including parents with kids, strollers, and dogs are as common as bikes.

Rice

Wandering

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 04:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

We have lots of family in Michigan and we've travelled Michigan a lot and have never seen or heard of a Michigan Left in Michigan.

I encountered them northwest of Detroit, out near a little town called Milford.

As for roundabouts, I've always thought that the majority of their success is from orcing drivers to pay attention.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> I hate roundabouts -- but maybe I am wrong
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.