Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Roadside Assistance: Roadside Assistance
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Roadside Assistance

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
tobydad

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/21 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let me tell you my experience today with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. I am at a campground and noticed my rear outside dual was low on air. When I pushed in on it - it was flat. Could not tell because inside tire was holding it up. called Good Sam and gave all my info and told I would texted when someone was coming. This wasings at 1;00 PM. Got a text that that they were still looking and someone would be there shortly. Shortly did not come-called them back an hour later and was told someone would be there in 15 minutes. An hour and a half later I called back and put on hold for 15 minutes and was disconnected. Call came saying a company would be there by 3:30. At 5:00 I called back got put on hold for 30 minutes then disconnected. I called back and on hold for another 20 minutes and person looked up my info and said I would be transferred to a supervisor. Supervisor came on ant transferred me to another supervisor, but he put me on hold and 29 mins.later, I was disconnected. Finally called again and demanded to speak to a supervisor. Man said he would put me on hold and I yelled don't put me on hold He said a supervsor would call me back and she did at 6:30 PM. She will call me back when she finds someone who can change the tire on a 32ft. Winnebago. I am not holding my breath, but I have to leave tomorrow. Mind you I have been a member for 33 years. Do you think I will stay a member?

Lwiddis

June Lake area, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/21 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When GS’s contractors are busy, you wait. Don’t they all use the same contractors?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 05:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No.
Think if you had saved the thirtythree years of premiums. All you would have to do is call any tow company you want yourself and pay cash. Problem solved.

ronfisherman

SE Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/21 06:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from Class C.

2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/21 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 many 2 wrote:

No.
Think if you had saved the thirtythree years of premiums. All you would have to do is call any tow company you want yourself and pay cash. Problem solved.

I understand the OP has had poor service from Good Sam/Allstate this time, but I've had tows that would have cost me more than 5-6 years of Good Sam or Coach-Net service fees. Now I'm using the service our Progressive insurance provides at $22/year and our one tow bill so far would have been $850 out of my pocket. That's ~38 years of ERS payments covered with just one event. And just one phone number to call for assistance...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So much for sympathy. I also noticed none of the moderators jumped in to help. Service went south with the Allstate connection and Ol Marcus don't seem to be concerned.

tobydad

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/18/21 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Question to moderator - Why was this moved from Class C forum? More people would have seen it there.
Follow up info -Towing company came after dark and did not have a jack large enough to lift the motorhome, They will be back this morning as I have to leave by 11 AM

Tom_M

New Hope, MN

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/21 07:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just add emergency roadside coverage to your vehicle insurance. I've had to make use of it twice. Payed for the tow then got reimbursed by my insurance company. The coverage is cheap.

Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/21 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had only good service from Good Sam. I had a similar tire experience as you some years ago when a tire blew out on my Hitchhiker 5er, close to my destination campground in NC. I slowly drove into the RV park and parked in front of the office. As I recall, I only placed one call to Good Sam and a couple of hours later help arrived. The spare tire was installed without issue and to my satisfaction. More recently, my battery died in my Toyota mini-van and Good Sam came quickly to the rescue. I've had no complaints. [emoticon]

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/21 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello tobydad,

We apologize for the experience you are having with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. Please allow me to share your experience with the leadership team for review. Have you been assisted this morning?
Please verify your best contact number in a private message.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Customer Care Team

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Roadside Assistance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.