cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide propane line - upgraded to steel braided line?

xanth
Explorer
Explorer
I have a rubber propane line on one of my slides that has a kink in it. While I've tried to re-route it so it doesn't pinch, the kink in the line isn't going away, and causes the line to kink anyways.

Gonna just replace it. Was gonna go with a steel braided propane line as a replacement, figure it would be better.

Just wondering if there is any reason NOT to go with a steel braided propane line in the slide area? Too stiff, other issues?

Thanks for the advice.
16 Keystone Cougar
15 Jeep GC
13 Sierra 2500HD
06 Pontiac GTO
88 Pontiac Fiero x2
5 REPLIES 5

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
kfp673 wrote:
Just went through this. Found one on Amazon being advertised as RV slide hose which basically meant it's the more flexible rubber type hose. Went 1' longer than factory zip timing to the factory spring the way it came but with more slack, but realized no matter what I did it was going to bind. Had a very specific plan to simply hold the hose away from the pinch point when putting in the kitchen slide but then last week my wife put the slide in without me and forgot and now the new hose is kinked again. Please post if you find anything that works.

do you have room you could put a pulley for it to go around that might prevent the kink??
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just went through this. Found one on Amazon being advertised as RV slide hose which basically meant it's the more flexible rubber type hose. Went 1' longer than factory zip timing to the factory spring the way it came but with more slack, but realized no matter what I did it was going to bind. Had a very specific plan to simply hold the hose away from the pinch point when putting in the kitchen slide but then last week my wife put the slide in without me and forgot and now the new hose is kinked again. Please post if you find anything that works.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The support spring idea is a good one.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would go with steel braid. Still need to mitigate the kink issue. Maybe go longer and add a support spring. Maybe tighten it with a bit of a twist so it forms a loop instead of a crease. Maybe something else.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think steel is the way to go.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT