cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plastic Liner inside Grey Holding Tank??

Coachmen63
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2006, 36', Class A Coachmen Aurora MH. This week our grey tank drain became plugged and what I was able to remove from the drain was a rather large clump of white, slimy plastic (like a sheet of thin plastic, at least a very large handful). I used a drain snake to help get the clump moving further down the drain pipe and finally the water pressure above it helped push it out. I looked and looked on the internet to see if anyone else had such a problem (no luck) and if these grey tanks ever have a liner put inside them (doesn't make any sense to me, just waste water). We had this coach for 10 yrs. and never had any issues with either of the holding tanks. I'm concerned there could be more of this junk in the tank just waiting to plug the drain again.
Any ideas what this may have been? Manufacturer issue???
Thanks for any help.

We had not opened the black tank valve yet. We keep it closed until it is either getting full or we are ready to hit the road, then flush with water from grey tank. Not saying both grey and black vales haven't been open at the same time in the past but not on this trip. Thanks for your replies.
10 REPLIES 10

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
A cut out disc would have remained rigid rather than a slimy plastic clump.

OP stated
We have a 2006, 36', Class A Coachmen Aurora MH. This week our grey tank drain became plugged and what I was able to remove from the drain was a rather large clump of white, slimy plastic

2006 -- 2021
15 yrs a disc would be a very slimy piece of plastic

I guess by that logic, the 15 year old tank that the supposed disc was cut out of, and made from the same material, would also be a slimy mess. I think he would have described it as a round disc rather than a large handful/clump.

Ever seen the inside of waste tank after YEARS of use?

Doubt OP inspected that clump closely.

Cut out disc with slimy stuff.....simple
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Old-Biscuit wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:

OP stated
We have a 2006, 36', Class A Coachmen Aurora MH. This week our grey tank drain became plugged and what I was able to remove from the drain was a rather large clump of white, slimy plastic

2006 -- 2021

I guess by that logic, the 15 year old tank that the supposed disc was cut out of, and made from the same material, would also be a slimy mess. I think he would have described it as a round disc rather than a large handful/clump.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
rgatijnet1 wrote:

OP stated

2006 -- 2021

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cut out disc from making opening for drain line, vent line, dump line

Floor jockeys is getting paid by the 'install' not by the hour
Disc falls in ...too bad/ain't wasting time trying to retrieve

Common.

lostbytes
Explorer
Explorer
Needs snake camera with good light to see if more is in there etc.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Builders have been known to push/drop debris into mostly the black tank, but I can see it happening on gray.

One CEO got a package in the mail
What the customer fished OUT of the black tank.
(Double sealed before mailing of course)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Easy to explain if it was in the black tank. Being in the grey tank probably means it came from the factory. I guess there is a possibility of transfer if both grey and black valves were open at the same time. Some people have done that to transfer waste from the full tank to the less full tank when out in the boonies. If it came from the black tank originally it could be anything that went down the toilet accidentally.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grand kids. Other than that, we be at it since 75 and never ran across anything like it. Your couch is newer so maybe some one else will ring in.