cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2015 Fleetwood Bounder 35K Headlights

railsbackg
Explorer
Explorer
I seem to have poor factory headlight performance on my RV. Anyone swap over to LED and if so any advice?

Thanks in advance

Greg R.
4 REPLIES 4

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
LEDโ€™s are best for projector style headlamps (the little torpedo looking lenses). Do not go HID, they will just flood the front of the MH and not give off any useable light as well as blind oncoming drivers.
If you do go LED, make sure you you get the style that have the LEDโ€™s in the same position as the factory incandesant bulbs.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
With the relay system just some relays and wire. Will see if I can find the article for you. This is how to wire the two relay or more if you need them. Will have a picture in a few.

https://moviesynopsis.info/

Follow this one. This is what I do to all my vehicles that has that issues. I do this to every RV that I have owned.

https://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html

railsbackg
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
Most MHs have poor headlight adjustment from the factory. Start with adjustment. Hot spot should hit the pavement 30-40 feet from the front of the coach. Then add relays to the headlights to make sure they are getting proper voltage. Then if all else fails add LEDs. You will need to readjust your headlights after adding LEDs.

Richard

Thanks for your reply. I have read a little bit where they may not be getting the proper voltage. And not sure how extensive I want to get with it. But If I can get some improvement with a simple upgrade to LED I think it would help me out a lot at night. As it is now I really need to drive with my high beams on. But I will certainly try and check the adjustment. Not sure why they wouldn't be adjusted correctly but you never know I guess.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Most MHs have poor headlight adjustment from the factory. Start with adjustment. Hot spot should hit the pavement 30-40 feet from the front of the coach. Then add relays to the headlights to make sure they are getting proper voltage. Then if all else fails add LEDs. You will need to readjust your headlights after adding LEDs.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson