cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MIA...

SeaGal
Explorer
Explorer
the dump valve/lever for the 2nd grey water tank on a 2008 Cedar Creek 34SATS 5th wheel. Can't find it anywhere and the manual is no help. Help, please!!
9 REPLIES 9

SeaGal
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you to all who responded with advice and/or experiences. We did finally solve the problem, partly through guesswork and finally with the help of a Cedar Creek service rep and the previous owner.

Our unit was originally built with 3 pull handles, one for each tank - galley tank, grey tank 1 and the black water tank. It was obvious that we were short one pull handle, thought it was for grey #1, and that it might be 'hidden' somewhere.

Long story short - the previous owner had the black water tank pull handle removed and had a valve installed at the end of the sewer outlet instead. It wasn't the grey tank 1 pull handle that was missing after all, it was the black water tank pull handle that was gone. Cedar Creek confirmed that this was not unusual. After I figured it out the previous owner returned my somewhat frantic phone call and apologized for not explaining how the modification worked. It never occurred to me to ask!

Kudos to the previous owner for responding to my call and kudos to Cedar Creek for getting back to me right away even though our unit is a 2008 model.

I'm just happy that we can now use the shower without worrying over how to dump the tank.

Moral of the story - when asking about all the cool topside features and how/if they work - don't forget to ask about the 'bilge' features. ๐Ÿ™‚

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
OP is looking for the pull handle, not the outlet.

Seen 2 drops before, with separate locations for the handles, too.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP is looking for the pull handle, not the outlet.
Puma 30RKSS

snoopysnyder
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Cedar Creek Silverback 30LSA. The valve for my second gray water tank is located behind the front, driver's side wheel. Only one outlet for three tanks.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine was behind a round screw in cover just forward of the axles and very near the low point drains. The other gray and the black tank handles were in the compartment with the bypass valves etc.
Puma 30RKSS

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
LadyRVer wrote:
Mine on a Montana was behind the 2nd axle. Driver side.

Or in that area coming out of the frame .

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Mine on a Montana was behind the 2nd axle. Driver side.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
The handle, and rod probably came unscrewed from the valve and was lost in transit somewhere.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the two tanks are plumbed together. Maybe there is only one tank. Maybe you have an electric dump valve.