cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2011 Dometic 6cf - Freezer works, Refer Does Not???

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a used 2011 Outback. 250RS. Original owner and well cared for unit. The refer was last used in Oct. 2020 without issue.

Today he connected to 120V and turned on refer at 8:30am to have it ready for my 10:30am arrival. The freezer base (bottom of freezer) was very cold! The refer rear fin plates felt like room temp after 4 hours (12:30pm). He did not know why.....never happened in the 10 years he's owned it. I'll plug it in tonight at home to 120V and see what I get in the AM. RV appeared to be level in his driveway.

Thoughts on how the freezer can work and not the refer??

Dometic Model # DM2652LBX

Thanks!

UPDATE: 6-20-21
This morning checked freezer and refer and all is well! I'll place some temp gauges in both freezer and refer to get temps. Gonna be another hot one today!!
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K
2 REPLIES 2

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
keep those fins in fridge clutter-free, they need air.
keep the fridge side of RV in the shade or facing North.
it might become necessary to put a small computer fan behind the fridge to move air over it when temps get really hot. Research this as is a topic discussed a lot.
never run fridge off-level - it can tilt 6 degrees front to back and 3 side to side, after that you will be slowly cooking the chemicals and ruining it (side to side fridge, not side to side camper) - does not apply when traveling.
Enjoy!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Takes 12 hrs for fridge to go from OFF/hot to ON/COLD....

Freezer HAS to get cold first before food compartment can begin cooling down
Simple physics of the gravity flow absorption process

RM/DM Model Manual
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31