cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coleman thermostats sensor wires

Jimmy92451
Explorer
Explorer
I won't get into how I got in this position but the wires are disconnected from the sensor. I have a blue which is a double wide and appears to be a ground,and a green, white and red. Can anyone tell me which goes where. This is unit 8330B633. There are 6 pins for quick connects labeled FREEZE B- Y GH and GR I am not certain on the R It also says
1976-38 (2-03) P.P. Any help would be fantastic. I'm melting here
7 REPLIES 7

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jimmy92451 wrote:
Well the circuit board did not give me the answer but you got me in the right direction. By pulling the wires out of the wall I could see what each wire was connected to. Yellow is my red and grey is my white. Problem solved. Thank you very much

Not even close to industry

Yellow and White are mainly used as GROUNDS

Some real rookie floor jockey was put on pulling wires.....
"Which wires do I run Boss?"

"See that rack over there....it has spools of colored wires"
"OK Boss"
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Use colored ty-wraps to mark each wire, makes it real easy to know what wire goes where.

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
For me, I normally take a picture of the wire connections before removing. But every now and then I forget :S

Jimmy92451
Explorer
Explorer
Well the circuit board did not give me the answer but you got me in the right direction. By pulling the wires out of the wall I could see what each wire was connected to. Yellow is my red and grey is my white. Problem solved. Thank you very much

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your unit pin out is here (page 4).

You can know the functions at the A/C unit based upon that and likewise the ones on the thermostat by looking it up. What you canโ€™t tell is what color the RV builder used for what function. So what you need to do is take the thermostat off the wall without disconnecting anything. Then you can match the functions as Old-Biscuit described above. The thermostat should have similar or the same labels as the unit. B,Y,GL,GH are the 4 you are looking for.

Jimmy92451
Explorer
Explorer
I do not have a grey or a yellow. I have blue green red and white with six pins/post/pegs for quick connects. B- Y GH and GR. I don't know how to upload a picture

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
R is 12VDC+ (Red)
B is 12VDC- (Blue)
Y is for the A/C Compressor (Yellow)
GH is for A/C Fan Hi Speed (Green)
GL is for A/C Fan Lo Speed (Grey)
W is for Furnace (White)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter