Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Just an observation and wondering
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Just an observation and wondering

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/21 09:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only vaguely related but an example of how well inductive charging can work is the Disneyland Submarines. When they were brought back a few years ago, they removed the diesel engines and made everything electric - propulsion, AC, special effects, etc.
They recharge when parked in the boarding area taking on passengers.
I think we'll eventually see inductive charging surfaces for home and office use. They aren't quite as efficient but people who are willing to pay for convenience will jump on them.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 12:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boston Scientific forbids me to go near an arc welder, battery charger, or alternator. My pacemaker was switched off during torso body scans via an MRI. So here we have John Q Public keel over at an inductive charging station. Diagnosis? Heart failure. That's all an "attorney" needs to pursue deep pockets municipal entities.
I would advise caution in chortling about new age devices dependent on electromagnetic induction force. It takes but one legal precedent to upset the planning applecart. This is why a current health issue is hotly debated because of divestiture of liability.

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 05:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I suspect that your pacemaker is not going to be bothered by Inductive charging systems but the key word is "SUSPECT" but the reason is a frequency (Or wave length) thing. I suspect the inductive system is using frequencies below 500 HZ. and the odds of that affecting your pace maker are close to zero. But again Odds and Close to .

What is the relation between Frequency and wave length 300,000,000, 500 HZ is 600,000 meters, so a quarter wave antenna would be 150,000 meters long. A bit longer than the leads on your pacemaker.

But again. I suspect, odds, and so on, I'm not an expert on pacemakers...yet. (Doc says I might become one though)

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Matt_Colie

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 09:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AND...
I just read (unconfirmed) that PG&E is asking people to not recharge their electric cars because of demand caused by the heat wave.
Matt

Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

fourthclassC

MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/21 06:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think every one is missing the specific technology of the Prius. It is a hybrid - meaning it has a small gas fired engine in addition to the electric drive motor and batteries. The energy dissipated from the brakes, wheels turning and the gas engine rotation, recharges the batteries. The control computer decides which is better suited (for performance and effeciency) which drive system is better and switches back and forth between them automatically. The AC works as described above.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Just an observation and wondering
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.