cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

It's hot!

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Here in the West this heat wave is apparently going to last all summer and into at least September. How are you all coping?

I had been boondocking and running my generator for the AC but it quit on me last week and I can't get it fixed until the middle of next month! Meanwhile, it's RV parks and campgrounds with electric. I drove up to nearly 9000 ft. the other day hoping to cool off and it was still hot even up there! :E
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8
32 REPLIES 32

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
It's that Weather Modification the militaries of the world are playing with. Drought in our farmlands out west, rain soaked crops on the east side.
To keep cool find that transition line where the drought meets the monsoons and camp there.
Don't take the jab! it is deadly.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
mockturtle wrote:
rexlion wrote:
I'm not retired yet, but when I do retire and start RVing for months out of the year, I can guarantee you I won't be RVing in Arizona during summer months! Not when there are so many lovely, cooler boondock sites up north. Isn't that what the RV is for, anyway... so you can MOVE to a better climate? ๐Ÿ™‚

Tell me which ones are cooler. Montana is hot and the Canadian border is still closed.

Are you in Montana, but yes its summer ,and its warm up here . But if it keeps some out of Montana, won't break my heart .

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't see the "where we are now" link. Sounds great 'ceptin we don't have a unit.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
That's OK . . . I have the BIG in ground pool here and plenty of Corona. . . . You're welcome to join us.

Ok so exactly where IS here LOL!!!

In my signature in my previous post click the "where we are now link" :S
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
That's OK . . . I have the BIG in ground pool here and plenty of Corona. . . . You're welcome to join us.

Ok so exactly where IS here LOL!!!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Cute little park in Grand Marais Mi. Low cost but they Nic-O-Lock the showers as I recall. South shore of the big lake (Superior) generally a bit cooler but .. alas. August can still get warm.

Get the generator fixed is my suggestion.
You beat me to it. Michigan's Upper Peninsula will be cooler. Lake Superior is a natural refrigerator this time of year.

For that matter, the Superior shore in Minnesota can be cooler, too. I just checked the 10-day forecast for the 'other' Grand Marais (in Minnesota) and they're expecting highs in the mid 60s throughout!

For that matter, here in Tulsa we just had a 75 degree day followed by an 85 degree day (it felt glorious). Supposed to be back in the mid 90s for 2-3 days now, but then back to the mid 80s for a bit afterward. Not too hard to take. I got out the bucket and hose yesterday and gave the vinyl siding a bath.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here in SW MN one of the problems with the heat,, and the drought, is that the lakes are turning green and smelly early.

We had very little snow last winter, and not much rain so far this year.

Around here are lakes are all polluted by agriculture runoff. When you get a hot dry year like this they all turn to **** quickly.

I have reservations on a lake for the 4th. After that I will probably stick to campgrounds that are on streams and not on lakes. The lakes are going to be full of Blue-Green Algae and it is toxic.

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer

Well, as I said, I couldn't get an appt. until next month but, yes, that's the plan. Just curious as to how other campers here in the West were doing with the heat.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cute little park in Grand Marais Mi. Low cost but they Nic-O-Lock the showers as I recall. South shore of the big lake (Superior) generally a bit cooler but .. alas. August can still get warm.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
Ranger Smith wrote:
We cope with it by driving to New England

Guess what? It's hot here, too! Not so much this week but it looks like another heatwave is coming next week. With humidity.

Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
rexlion wrote:
I'm not retired yet, but when I do retire and start RVing for months out of the year, I can guarantee you I won't be RVing in Arizona during summer months! Not when there are so many lovely, cooler boondock sites up north. Isn't that what the RV is for, anyway... so you can MOVE to a better climate? ๐Ÿ™‚

Tell me which ones are cooler. Montana is hot and the Canadian border is still closed.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
The fact that a large part of the west is desert ought to be a clue that people were not meant to live there. As far back as I can remember it has always been hot and dry, and now itโ€™sโ€ฆ hot and dry. Here in the south (Dixie) itโ€™s hot and wet but we do have shade.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Theres always the groundhog method.