cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

If you have proof...

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
That you have been fully vaccinated (both jabs) I would bet that it is not long now before the border will be open for non-Canadians to cross into Canada. Already Canadians with that proof can return, so stands to reason it will become common for anyone that has the needed docs, to enter.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
22 REPLIES 22

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good luck with that.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Beverley&Ken wrote:
Actually the travel restriction lifting is not in effect until July 5, for fully vaccinated Canadians. From the government of Canada website.
gc.ca/travel

Ken

watch how you word that, the travel restriction isn't lifted, the requirment for fully vacanated canadian to sell isolate in a goverment aproved hotel when they return home is changed, they still have to have a covid test prior to and a few days after returning home and they have to isolate till the results of the second test come back but they can do it at home.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
azdryheat wrote:
I don't have a passport and I'm not vaccinated, guess I'll never RV in Canada.

That seems nothing more than a way to make political statement, without looking like a political statement.

Without a passport you werenโ€™t getting into Canada since 2004, regardless of a pandemic. That is a result of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, an American action. Nothing to do with any Canadian decisions.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Azdryheat,

If you left USA with no passport--you would not be allowed back. As far as entering Canada, eventually these restrictions may be dropped--and perhaps sooner than I personally think is safe.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have enough anti-vaxxers in Canuckland already. :B

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a passport and I'm not vaccinated, guess I'll never RV in Canada.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Canada, but no thanks.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
JaxDad,

Fully vaccinated in my case, two doses of Pfizer. In my best friends case, two doses of Moderna.

There is one fly in the ointment. I can get into Canada, because I'm a citizen. Or if you have permanent resident status.

But if you are American.....too bad, so sad.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
garyhaupt wrote:
That you have been fully vaccinated (both jabs) I would bet that it is not long now before the border will be open for non-Canadians to cross into Canada. Already Canadians with that proof can return, so stands to reason it will become common for anyone that has the needed docs, to enter.

Gary Haupt

I think the big caveat in that will be โ€œfully vaccinatedโ€. By whoโ€™s standards?

Itโ€™s already becoming a sore spot (pardon the pun) in the Toronto area amongst many people who (wisely IMHO) took the advise of getting the first available shot and that shot was an AstraZeneca shot. Now they are beginning to realize that if a particular country, such as the US, doesnโ€™t recognize the AZ vaccine they may need a THIRD shot in order to qualify as โ€˜fully vaccinatedโ€™.

Of course with the rapid spread of the Delta Variant, and now the Delta Plus Variant this whole conversation may be totally moot.

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
Don't worry Biscuit, you don't have to print it at home, just find a government crook. About 15 years ago a nice lady at the DMV in Maryland was selling CDL's for $300.00. They were real of course and had full backup since she entered the data into the computers. The guys that got them couldn't drive a truck if their life depended on it. It only took Maryland two years to arrest her after we reported something funny, with truck drivers that did not have a clue.

The old ways are best, or we could just get the free shot(s).

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
BB_TX wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
โ€ฆ..

OR did I make it up on my computer/printer?????

You are now in a government database.

Been in gov data base since I was inducted into the NAVY many many many years ago
That isn't anything new.....

Got a DL...you're in one also

Got a SSN....ding

Got a Pass Port...there you go.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
It has already been done. The international agreements are in place from Wikipedia:

"The International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (ICVP), also known as the Carte Jaune or Yellow Card, is an official vaccination report created by the World Health Organization (WHO). As a travel document, it is a kind of medical passport that is recognised internationally and may be required for entry to certain countries where there are increased health risks for travellers."

I do know this is for Yellow Fever, others have stated it used to be used to get into and out of Europe and other places for smallpox.

I had mine filled in when I got the shots. The folks at the center said I was far from the only one.

Just build on the existing system. Yellow fever has killed a lot more people than covid, of course it has been around a lot longer. Walter Reed has a famous hospital named for him, due to his work on Yellow Fever.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
If they want proof, what if we offer them some 100 Proof? "Here's all my proof in this bottle, sir. To your health!" ๐Ÿ˜„ Just kidding.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unvaccinated people crossing the Canadian border should only (potentially) affect Canadian people who have also not be vaccinated. Canada should focus on getting their people vaccinated, as should the US. At this point in time ANYONE who want a vaccine shot(s) can get one and here in the US at no cost. If you have not had the vaccine and you get sick from Covid, thatโ€™s on you.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT