cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a deal!---no thanks

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
I keep getting offers from my dealer (in the mail) that I can trade my 2016 F350 for a 2021 for only $87 more a month (of course that is for many years). The blue book value is close to what I paid for it almost 5 years ago. But why would I do this? So I can trade it in and order a truck that will arrive who knows when? No thanks. I can't hook my fiver to my car so I need the truck.
32 REPLIES 32

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
cummins2014 wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Were any of them 6.0s?

That'd be a hard NO...lol

Yet , I got a friend sitting next to me here in Montana with a 2007 6.0 with nearly 200K , one injector. Towed his trailer back, and forth from florida up until two years ago when he moved to the Bozeman area here in Montana. Not all were bad, but yes there were many.

And I’ll see your buddy with a good 6.0 and raise you a fleet of 6.0 Flowerjokes next to a fleet of LBZ and LLy Duramaxes. Where inside the shop, there is (well, was, those trucks are now buried in the Prudhoe Bay landfill or someone’s beater farm truck somewhere in the continent ) a line of about 30 6.0 long blocks some dead, some rebuilt next to a line of a half dozen Duramax long blocks.
It’s ok to swallow your brand loyalty once in a while to not look a fool.
I personally like 3rd Gen Dodge diesel trucks for their reliability. I would never try to sell you that 47re or 48re transmissions behind most of them were or are anything more than hot garbage. Sure “many” as you put it above, served their owners somewhere between reasonably well and very well. But that doesn’t erase the fact that they were undoubtedly the worst of the big 3 HD pickup transmissions for that era!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Were any of them 6.0s?

No and there was no 7.3's on the list either.

Yeah, they know owners do not want to part with their 7.3's.

I don't miss that 7.3 in the least. It was noisy ,and not the power to tow the bigger fifth wheels , yesterdays technology . Only thing I miss is the Ford part ,mirrors ,comfort ,and looks . But money will fix that with a new Ford :B

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Were any of them 6.0s?

That'd be a hard NO...lol

Yet , I got a friend sitting next to me here in Montana with a 2007 6.0 with nearly 200K , one injector. Towed his trailer back, and forth from florida up until two years ago when he moved to the Bozeman area here in Montana. Not all were bad, but yes there were many.

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
bobsallyh wrote:
Most of you posters sound like me. Just more stealership BS. The only thing that if I was in the market, I sure would be hunting a vehicle that they are now pushing out that are minus the "stop/start feature. Dumb move to from the git go.

It will also only stay in 8 cylinders, and will not have HD radio.

Might be the time
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jarlaxle wrote:
Dude I work with was offered $11,000 for his truck-outright purchase, not a trade.

It's a 2006 Chevy 2500 Duramax with 190,000 miles.

If he paid 40k for his truck back in '06 his depreciation would only be about $1900 per year. That's very close to what my depreciation cost has been since I started buying new and trading frequently. I will have a higher cost of money but he will have higher maintenance and repair costs.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of you posters sound like me. Just more stealership BS. The only thing that if I was in the market, I sure would be hunting a vehicle that they are now pushing out that are minus the "stop/start feature. Dumb move to from the git go.

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Thermoguy wrote:
This is not new - this has been going on for years. Just a hook to get you to look at new cars or trucks. ...
Exactly. Every vehicle I've bought over the past 20 years or so, a year or two later I get these calls from the dealer "We're short of cars and really want to buy yours as demand is high".
Baloney. If you wander in you soon find that there is no real "deal", they just want to sell you a new vehicle.

parker_rowe
Explorer
Explorer
Jarlaxle wrote:
Dude I work with was offered $11,000 for his truck-outright purchase, not a trade.

05-06 duramaxes go for good money still if they are in good shape and still have rocker panels.

Even before the current market craze.

Ones around 100k miles where in the low-mid 20's last year. This is crew cab 4wd models.
2015 Starcraft TravelStar 239TBS 6500 GVWR
1997 GMC Suburban K2500 7.4 Vortec/4.10
1977 Kawasaki KZ1000

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
Can we start a few more threads on the price of trucks right now?

Nobody is forcing you to buy. Nobody is forcing you to sell. If you can take advantage of the current market, though, take advantage of it. It won't last.

Really? No one is being forced to buy? Amazing!

And as far as the thread in general why not a few more on the price of trucks? As opposed threads on subjects that meet your approval?

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II

John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. 😞
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
I am glad that my daughter took advantage of getting a 2021 3500HD Denali Crew Duramax on June 4 for $66k.

Wish I had ordered another one in March.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Were any of them 6.0s?

No and there was no 7.3's on the list either.

Yeah, they know owners do not want to part with their 7.3's.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Can we start a few more threads on the price of trucks right now?

Nobody is forcing you to buy. Nobody is forcing you to sell. If you can take advantage of the current market, though, take advantage of it. It won't last.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.