Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: What a deal!---no thanks
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> What a deal!---no thanks

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Campinfan

Washtenaw County, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/21 02:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I keep getting offers from my dealer (in the mail) that I can trade my 2016 F350 for a 2021 for only $87 more a month (of course that is for many years). The blue book value is close to what I paid for it almost 5 years ago. But why would I do this? So I can trade it in and order a truck that will arrive who knows when? No thanks. I can't hook my fiver to my car so I need the truck.

thomas201

Eastern Panhandle WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/21 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm thinking about it, right after a September camping trip. I'll sell and order a new 22, I can wait until May of next year. The boss has her CRV and I got a 48 CJ2 for spring trout fishing.

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah it's crazy... I had my truck at the Ford shop to get the alternator replaced about 3 weeks ago and of all people the service writer asked me if I wanted to sell my truck before committing to the repair. I jokingly told him I had over 200k miles thinking that would deter him and he said no problem and they wanted it.

I also noticed in the service dept. they had a white board with a list of vehicles the year and models they would pay cash for.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Flashman

Tucson, Aizona, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Were any of them 6.0s?

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 04:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Flashman wrote:

Were any of them 6.0s?

That'd be a hard NO...lol

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 04:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomas201 wrote:

I'm thinking about it, right after a September camping trip. I'll sell and order a new 22, I can wait until May of next year. The boss has her CRV and I got a 48 CJ2 for spring trout fishing.

I honestly wonder how much of this will happen.
I'm thinking the same as you.
Got a diesel truck that is currently worth way more than I have into it.
Got a new used camper that I have yet to use but could sell for at least a little more than I paid (now anyway).
Got a boat that would fetch as much or more now than what I paid 13 years ago.

Would have sold them all and filled the bath tub with $100 bills by now, but last year for our oldest son to be at home and got a 2 week family trip planned with all 3 units.
Anyone interested in a 2016 Ram, 2017 Toy hauler or a 2006 Mastercraft on July 25th, message me!!

I could easily get the old GMC finished, pull the sled trailer with that this winter (or make my buddy drive for once). Take next summer off from local camping and boating, go fishing in AK and likely buy back all the stuff I'd sell this year at a big discount... if I was a smart man...

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/21 04:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A new marketing tactic for dealers. Took our 2019 Highlander into the local Toyota dealer(purchased there). Got a phone call from a dealer salesperson while I was in the service lounge asking if I'd like to trade up. Laughable. The service department is sharing intelligence with sales staff who are twiddling their thumbs in their cubicles and feeling the heat from management to sell.

Then there's the never ending emails that go directly to spam.......

Thermoguy

Graham, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/21 05:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is not new - this has been going on for years. Just a hook to get you to look at new cars or trucks. They have to start somewhere, but then find what your vehicle is actually worth, etc. Now make a deal[emoticon] Once they get you going they think you will fall regardless the price.

But, anyone thinking they want to buy a new car in 2021 has got to have some disposable money. Bad year to shop.

Once people stop buying things like trucks, trailers, plywood, etc, the market will come back down to a reasonable level and things will even out. Or so I hope...

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had offers from individuals to pay within a couple thousand dollars of what I paid for my 2001 Dodge Cummins dually 15 years ago. If I held out I could probably get what I paid for it, but then I'd have to buy something to replace it. I think I'll stick with it. With only 117,000 miles on it, it should be good for a few more miles.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Flashman wrote:

Were any of them 6.0s?

No and there was no 7.3's on the list either.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> What a deal!---no thanks
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.