cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer floor

Ejraste
Explorer
Explorer
I have only used my new travel trailer once but I believe getting it ready to camp and opening up the slide out , I somehow pinched the vinyl floor and now there is small crease. Should there be enough room under the slide out to open it and close it even if the camper is slightly unlevel?? I guess I will have to be more careful closing and opening the slide out only when camper is completely level?

Also, do I have enough room under the side out to add a new floor over top existing floor??
7 REPLIES 7

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought a new coach and the factory failed to attach the roller under the bed that supported that corner of the slide. Guy doing some work on it a year or so later found it when trying to adjust the slide to move over the carpet easier.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Ejraste
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
Ejraste wrote:
JKJavelin wrote:
That shouldn't happen on a new trailer. I would expect the warranty to cover it.
JK

Yeah I just wasnโ€™t sure if opening the slide when the camper isnโ€™t level would affect the slide out to open and close properly??

It definitely can cause problems, especially on larger slides. I only open mine when we're level.

Yeah my model has one big super slide out. Thanks all for the info

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Ejraste wrote:
JKJavelin wrote:
That shouldn't happen on a new trailer. I would expect the warranty to cover it.
JK

Yeah I just wasnโ€™t sure if opening the slide when the camper isnโ€™t level would affect the slide out to open and close properly??

Maybe when you define type of slide,how big and how out of level you can get more meaningful feedback
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

dedmiston
Ejraste wrote:
JKJavelin wrote:
JK

It definitely can cause problems, especially on larger slides. I only open mine when we're level.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Ejraste
Explorer
Explorer
JKJavelin wrote:
JK

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Being out of level a bit shouldnโ€™t make a bit of difference unless you somehow have it twisted up with the stabilizers.
However no one could possibly know how much โ€œroomโ€ you have.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold