cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My prediction for the future..

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV sales have been red hot for a few years. During Covid19 they couldn't keep them in stock, at least around here. That means there's a lot of quasi-impulse buys out there. In the near future there will be used RV's for sale everywhere and for relatively cheap.
50 REPLIES 50

dedmiston
This feels like a good time to call this discussion "done".

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
I'm pretty sure your medicare will cover psychiatric help for your TDS

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
For the overtly stupid, read if you can:

What are the Ingredients of the COVID-19 vaccines? What is in them?
Posted 5/26/2021
HEALTHVACCINEREOPENSAFETY
What Ingredients are in the COVID-19 Vaccines?
Many people are curious to know what the ingredients are for the three currently available COVID-19 vaccines in the US.
Here is a breakdown of the three COVID vaccines and their ingredients:

Pfizer Vaccine: The full list of ingredients for the Pfizer vaccine is:
mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2
[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-
phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium
phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose.
The Pfizer vaccine does not contain eggs, preservatives, or latex.
Moderna Vaccine: The full list of ingredients for the Moderna vaccine is:
Messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA), lipids (SM-102, polyethylene glycol [PEG] 2000
dimyristoyl glycerol [DMG], cholesterol, and 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine [DSPC]),
tromethamine,tromethamine hydrochloride, acetic acid, sodium acetate trihydrate, and sucrose.
The Moderna vaccine does not contain eggs, preservatives, or latex.
Johnson & Johnson Vaccine: The full list of ingredients for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is:
Recombinant, replication-incompetent adenovirus type 26 expressing the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein,
citric acid monohydrate, trisodium citrate dihydrate, ethanol, 2 hydroxypropyl-รŸ-cyclodextrin (HBCD),
polysorbate-80, sodium chloride.
The Johnson & Johnson vaccine does not contain eggs, preservatives, or latex.
More Information can be found on the CDC website.

dedmiston
CavemanCharlie wrote:
Thank You for the work you do.

That's very kind. Thank you, Charlie.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
mr_andyj wrote:
I gave a very insightful reply yesterday, but the moderator is a liberal I assume and does not like anyone who has read the ingredients in the "shot" including mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde, micro magnets and other , many other toxins. My comment was, dont take the jab! This will soon be deleted too. RV net is a communist CCP propaganda site I guess...

You're wrong, you're wrong, you're a nutjob, and you're wrong. And by the way, you're a nutjob (and you're wrong).

I'm leaving this one nutty post of yours and the responses because I'm in a good mood. Plus sometimes it's fun to watch weirdos expose themselves.

Let's not make a habit of this though, ok?

RV net is a communist CCP propaganda site I guess...

Then why do you even bother?

Because you're nuts?

Just to address my politics though (because it seems to come up pretty often)...

For starters, my politics really aren't anybody's business. My role is to call balls & strikes.

I've been called both a "lib" and a "Trump guy". Whatever.

This forum seems to run slightly right of center, which I suppose makes sense for an RVing group. It's pretty evenly balanced though, which is a good thing in my opinion.

I've observed a common thread over the years though, and I can't say I've ever seen the trend broken.

I've served here during two Bush terms, two Obama terms, a Trump term, and now a Biden term. The common thread seems to be a displeasure with our government establishment.

The posts seem to push back against whoever is in office. During republican terms, we have to delete more posts that are bashing conservatives and during democrat terms we delete more posts that are bashing liberals. And in both times, the moderators are accused of supporting whoever is in office, wrongfully so.

Our role is to keep our biases out of our posts and our moderation actions.

I still think you're nuts.

Thank You for the work you do.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
JoeH wrote:
Back in the mid-90's the demand by baby boomers for Harley's was driving up the prices and creating a huge backlog for new orders. I've been riding Harleys since 1970 and in 1996, because of all the newbies, I had to wait over a year to get my new one. Used prices were crazy. Fast forward about 20 years, and the market is glutted with used Harleys at very good ( low) prices and the dealer floors are packed with unsold units.
We are 3 weeks into a 4 month trip and have witnessed a lot on new owners out there. I have seen many 30+ ft bumper pull TT's being pulled by small SUV's or 1/2 ton trucks. That can't be a pleasant driving experience. I see people having a n extremely difficult time getting into spots. Combined with the difficulty in getting reservations and the much higher costs to stay in CG, I imagine many people will be dropping out of this life style.... the question is , how many will exit and when.

That was not the first time something like that happened with motorcycles. Back in early '70s many young adults I knew went nuts for the big Jap multis. I know 2 guys that bought 750 Hondas still have them. The 1 I'm closest to has probably 200,000 miles and many mods. In 2000 after a funeral, several of us where in the garage of the 2nd owner. "Boy Randy, you sure got that old bike cleaned up nice." It has never been dirty reply made me fell sorry for him.
I never followed used UJM market real close, but don't remember a bunch of them on the market

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Back in the mid-90's the demand by baby boomers for Harley's was driving up the prices and creating a huge backlog for new orders. I've been riding Harleys since 1970 and in 1996, because of all the newbies, I had to wait over a year to get my new one. Used prices were crazy. Fast forward about 20 years, and the market is glutted with used Harleys at very good ( low) prices and the dealer floors are packed with unsold units.
We are 3 weeks into a 4 month trip and have witnessed a lot on new owners out there. I have seen many 30+ ft bumper pull TT's being pulled by small SUV's or 1/2 ton trucks. That can't be a pleasant driving experience. I see people having a n extremely difficult time getting into spots. Combined with the difficulty in getting reservations and the much higher costs to stay in CG, I imagine many people will be dropping out of this life style.... the question is , how many will exit and when.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of us older folks, on the forum. But maybe worth considering, many in the younger generation are making boat loads of money. They may be perfectly happy to keep what they bought, even if they don't use it much. Payments could be pretty minimal to many of them. Could take them a long time if ever to decide to sell.

On edit, just read on Google, biggest buyers of new RV's are in the 35-45 age group. Many of those are going to have small kids. I can see them hanging on till the kids are grown. Don't know just spit balling

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I think with the insane cost of housing more will be heading to the RV lifestyle.

Reality, is this is a rarity in the big picture. Those rare individuals truly forced into it are buying old junkers for a grand or two. they aren't buying new units and they don't care if it's road worthy...so they aren't competing in the same market.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Not interested in reading a novel.

And regardless of my general lack of agreement with GDE on many subjects,I believe heโ€™s pretty spot on here.
Leave out the โ€œI retired so I didnโ€™t have to wear a mask at work โ€œ thing, your reason or excuse for retiring need not be explained. Evidently you acheived that goal. but donโ€™t forget the big numbers or people who now โ€œenjoyโ€ working from home and the additional free time it provides them. AKA, ability to do less work and get away with it. That issue is rampant. At least in my industry. And it just serves to put more work on those who arenโ€™t using the Rona as an excuse to screw off at home.
Great idea in theory. Presuming people can be trusted. But they canโ€™t, in general. The notion that people will in general not somehow take advantage of not having to be present and accounted for is quite flawed.
Maybe Iโ€™m bitter about it. Actually no maybe. Those who cannot or chose not to โ€œwork from homeโ€ get to shoulder more of the load. Greatest opportunity in history so far for workplace laziness.
And heโ€™ll yeah, if I had a job I could โ€œperform sufficientlyโ€ remotely, Iโ€™d have ALOT more time to camp!

Well I did leave out the fact that management in their wise wisdom failed to replace 5 out of 9 HVAC systems that had failed over the last 22 yrs making the production floor a very miserable sweltering experience before rona came along. Not much fun to work in 95F-98F temps indoors with no A/C and a small personal fan to move hot humid stagnant air around. Add in new management that decided "continual process improvement" meant change the layout of the floor on a daily basis and throw out equipment, tools and inventory without asking the poor working slobs on the floor that depend on those items to get their jobs done..

They failed to plan, I planned for success.

Their loss, my gain.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
And barring another recession, the Covid demand wonโ€™t spur recession like sales in the near future I believe. Although hopefully it levels out fairly quickly.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Cummins12V98 wrote:

And regardless of my general lack of agreement with GDE on many subjects,I believe heโ€™s pretty spot on here.
Leave out the โ€œI retired so I didnโ€™t have to wear a mask at work โ€œ thing, your reason or excuse for retiring need not be explained. Evidently you acheived that goal. but donโ€™t forget the big numbers or people who now โ€œenjoyโ€ working from home and the additional free time it provides them. AKA, ability to do less work and get away with it. That issue is rampant. At least in my industry. And it just serves to put more work on those who arenโ€™t using the Rona as an excuse to screw off at home.
Great idea in theory. Presuming people can be trusted. But they canโ€™t, in general. The notion that people will in general not somehow take advantage of not having to be present and accounted for is quite flawed.
Maybe Iโ€™m bitter about it. Actually no maybe. Those who cannot or chose not to โ€œwork from homeโ€ get to shoulder more of the load. Greatest opportunity in history so far for workplace laziness.
And heโ€™ll yeah, if I had a job I could โ€œperform sufficientlyโ€ remotely, Iโ€™d have ALOT more time to camp!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
NoVa RT wrote:
We donโ€™t really know how many recent RV buyers were just looking for a short-term, socially-distanced, self-contained travel option. Some of those folks will probably go back to their prior lifestyle as the pandemic lifts, but maybe not as many as some here think. Some might like the experience, and become RVers for life. The other thing is that Work-From-Home will probably outlast the pandemic. Many employees like it, some employers didnโ€™t have any productivity loss and are looking to reduce real estate costs. Coupled with improved mobile Internet service, there could be more people getting into RVing earlier as they have more options about where they work. Might be more folks moving to lower-cost areas, too, as people ditch high-cost housing areas.

Correct!

Many people like myself retired, pulled the plug on working, done with having to deal with being masked and gloved and those folks unlike myself may not have already had a RV. There are higher than normal retirement rates right now, my DWs company has a bunch of folks who decided to retire since her company is requiring all labor back in the office..

As far as working from home, yeah, this has changed a lot of companies perspective on requiring all labor needing to report physically to an office.. Some companies may change and do a hybrid in person/remote, some may do all remote and some may go all labor back in the office.

Major panic selling of RVs most likely will not be a factor at this time or even in a couple of yrs and while one waits for that unicorn fire sale priced specific model RV you could have been out there already in a RV instead of waiting on a 4-10 yr old RV that they want more than what they paid for..