cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

StableCamper

CYCLEPATH
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used this product to stabilize their camper when off the truck? It's a bit pricey, but looks like it works. Thanks.

https://www.stablecamper.com/stablization
6 REPLIES 6

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
BigfootBill wrote:
We only use 4 with 4x4's drilled to accept the jack post, but the nice thing about this over using sawhorses or the plywood x is that you can have the camper level on unlevel ground with full support from the screw jacks because of the height adjustment on each one.

Same here, 4 screw jacks and two 4' 4x4's. Small enough to fit in my front fender wells for travel. However the Stable Camper kit is really slick for unsupported stability.

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

BigfootBill
Explorer
Explorer
#1Flyboy wrote:
We use 6 stackable screw jacks ( Amazon) or (Walmart) & 3 - 2โ€ x 4โ€; light, inexpensive, no movement & supports the TC from the BOTTOM!!!

We only use 4 with 4x4's drilled to accept the jack post, but the nice thing about this over using sawhorses or the plywood x is that you can have the camper level on unlevel ground with full support from the screw jacks because of the height adjustment on each one.
2008 Ram 3500
2004 Bigfoot 10.11

TCBob
Explorer
Explorer
I bought some welded steel Sawhorse brackets a number of years ago. They use 2x4 legs and 2x6 cross members laid flat. They came with 2 nuts welded to the underside of each bracket at each end of bracket and a thin steel plate to tighten against the bolt with a wing nut welded to top. I kept the legs short, about 18" off the ground, you could choose your own height. ROCK Solid when I have the TC up on these. Even pulled the Jacks for some maintence without a 2nd thought.

I really bought these for working on the TC, but, now I carry at least one set in the side wells regularly. Often when camping with TC off the truck, I will just use 1 set and position it under front of TC (under water tank) for stability. Carry a couple extra blocks of 2x8s x approx 24" to set them on if soft ground, but have never used them for that purpose yet. Wish I could tell you the name brand, that was a long time ago. Next time I am at TC I check to see if Mfg name is marked (if I can remember). Really liked the quality. They make a far superior horse than I have seen marketed.

BTW the brackets were not cheap, seems like about $75/pair but well worth the price.
2004 S&S 8.5 SC Ponderosa
1999 Ford F-350 4X4 7.3-PSD DRW

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
We use 6 stackable screw jacks ( Amazon) or (Walmart) & 3 - 2โ€ x 4โ€; light, inexpensive, no movement & supports the TC from the BOTTOM!!!

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
There is a recent thread here with some responses..
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30244068.cfm
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
You will find more gadgets available, but for my 12' campers, I was using only front support.
4x4 sitting horizontally on cut to size 4x6 or cinder block.
Later on I found aluminum 4x3 tubing for lighter weight.
Not only stabilized the camper very well, but also supported the weight of fresh water tank on front.