cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which ~36' Class A can tow 15K Stacker

kutsyy
Explorer
Explorer
I am starting to look for an RV that could tow a race stacker (total weight will be under 15K loaded). The shortest stacker is 24' with full length 29', so using 65' max length I am left with 36'.

I am struggling to find any Class A RV that can work for this, any pointers? (preferably 5-10 years old).

I know something like Class C Dynamax DX3 would work, and I've seen a number of people towing with 42' Class A (to the total length of 73'), but are there really no under 40' class A that can tow?

Thank,

Vadim

PS: I am aware that "technically" there are 22' and even 20' stackers.
18 REPLIES 18

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I would go with a Super C.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have the cash and be ready when what you want pops up. I saw mine sitting beside the road with a for sale sign. Owner said someone was getting the money, I said I have it now. Deal done.

kutsyy
Explorer
Explorer
tedp wrote:
How about this? https://www.kenaicoach.com/DealerFiles/ListingView.asp?ListingID=336
sold last week.

And at this price, I may be better off with something like http://www.demartinirv.com/vehicles/detail/3900

C20
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldnโ€™t want the dyno max motor.
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

tedp
Explorer
Explorer
How about this? https://www.kenaicoach.com/DealerFiles/ListingView.asp?ListingID=336

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe one not like this. :W

I think heโ€™s stuck.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

kutsyy
Explorer
Explorer
Two Jayhawks wrote:
Maybe one of ***Link Removed***
That would be perfect, but it was sold 3 years ago ๐Ÿ˜ž

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe one of these ?
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

C20
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 22โ€™ continental cargo trailer to tow behind our motor home. Itโ€™s a stacker that night help your OAL issue a bit
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

kutsyy
Explorer
Explorer
@ferndaleflyer and @vylog.

Thank you for the information. I was looking at Dynasty already and Bishop seems to be the shortest option available. I'll probably will wait till fall to see if prices will comedown/more option will be available.

Thank you,

Vadim

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Doubt youโ€™ll find a 36โ€™ capable of 15K plus as many rigs as I see way over 65โ€™ I would not have a problem going 67โ€™, even in CA. You could get a over length permit for CA as the CHP doesnโ€™t seem to have a sense of humorโ€ฆwouldnโ€™t worry about other states. A 2003-07 Monaco Dynasty Bishop 38โ€™ tag axle (shortest rig with a tag axle) and it has a hitch capable of what you want to do. Yes, itโ€™s only rated 10K but in 2008 it was rated 15K provided you didnโ€™t raise the tagโ€ฆ no structural changes to the hitch. Iโ€™m putting 1800 lbs on my hitch and have for over 100+K milesโ€ฆthe hitch is a H (2 crossmembers), not a T with only one.
The Monacoโ€™s, Holiday Ramblerโ€™s of that era are some of the best ever made with great handling and 8,000+ lbs of CCC. The Cummins ISL 400-450 has 1200-1250 torque and its a good engine. Some 06 engines have a wrist pin machining problem and I would stay away from those serial #sโ€ฆ 46543077 TO 46603939.
I would look at this one in LAโ€ฆprice is a little high unless it has new tires and batteries:
Welcome to the forums and Iโ€™d say youโ€™ve gotten your moneyโ€™s worth.
*Bishop in LA
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
The 36ft is a 1998 Monaco Windsor. It is still like new as original owner kept it inside as do I. At one tome I had a Monaco Dynasty 45ft with a 450hp Cummins. Never towed the stacker but towed a 32ft enclosed all over. Thats around 77ft long and I did take it to Pamona once. I am 80 now and just have a foot brake bracket car. I think I have had everything at one time or another.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I might be wrong, but 1 issue I see is a hitch stout enough for that kind of load could make it hard for major service on a rear engine.

kutsyy
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I towed one with both a 36 and 40ft DP Monacoes--the 40 had a 450HP Cummins and the 36 had a 8.3 Cummins rated at 330hp from the factory. Had it turned up don't know what HP it is now but it towed that big ol trailer just fine. I have now down sized to a open Featherlite. Leaving for Bristol Wend morning.

Do you remember what year was that 36 Monaco? I've seen a few 40ft but have not seen 36 yet.

Thanks