Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs: SPAM-alama-dingdong
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> SPAM-alama-dingdong

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/21 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dhull wrote:

My uncle never again ate a hot dog after making them at meat plant.

Was it a meat plant or a chemical plant where he made the dogs? [emoticon]

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/21 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moderator wrote:

All About SPAM

Yes, but the "pork" that's in Spam are not those nice center-cut pork chops we see at the meat counter -- ANY part of a pig is 'pork' . . . you can figure it out from there. [emoticon]

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/21 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi magnusfide,

You have great courage!!!

I know I should not--but once in a long long while, spam, soft fried eggs, riced hash browns with green onions and some toast is a comfort meal. Bring on the bacon fat! (And yes, I do occasionally have a hot dog--usually from Costco).

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Tal/IL

Central Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/28/21 07:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been around meat processing from the slaughter house kill floor to the retail meat case for more than half a century. If you are squeamish about how SPAM is made, I'll be happy to provide a list of about 50 other products you should probably avoid.

FYI, crispy pig tails fresh out of the lard press are a tasty treat for a kid.

35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft

propchef

NORCAL

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tal/IL wrote:

I've been around meat processing from the slaughter house kill floor to the retail meat case for more than half a century. If you are squeamish about how SPAM is made, I'll be happy to provide a list of about 50 other products you should probably avoid.

FYI, crispy pig tails fresh out of the lard press are a tasty treat for a kid.

This

SPAM is the least of your worries if you're trying to avoid processed foods.

Spam is one of my dark secrets, I love having spam (or better yet, livermush) for breakfast. If you live in hurricane country, you need some good Spam recipes.

Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 08:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fisherman wrote:

Never. If I want to have my remains stay forever, I'll go in the deep freeze rather that eat that processed garbage.

My grandpa used to say......."if you can't say anything nice......."

V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moderator wrote:

All About SPAM

There is pretty much nothing about spam I don't like. It helped American and allied troops. Keeps forever. When we go to Hawaii it is in all kinds of yummy foods. I keep a can or two in the pantry at home and in the trailer. A diced spam omelette is a thing to behold! In reality I use spam where ever ham can be used a thoroughly enjoy it. Also, there is another product I have my eyes on and that is "Taylor Pork Roll", also known as Taylor Ham. Thinking it is a Jersey version of Spam...not sure though. I have a recipe to make Taylor Pork Roll(I make sausage as a hobby)and before my next trailer outing I will have some homemade Taylor Ham with us. Keep the Spam Jam alive!

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I love when this subject pops up! ??. I sing the praises of SPAM all the time. I am 71, in fair health, no cholesterol problems or high blood pressure. I have eaten SPAM as far back as I can remember. It has seen me through some lean times and the good times. I have carried it with me in the single serve foil packs on over 15 mission trips to Central America. I can truly say it has kept me from going hungry a few times. I DO NOT eat rice or beans fixed any way you fix them. I make a meal of SPAM and crackers if that is all I can get. The only SPAM I don't care for is the barbecue flavored. I used to love to take a can of SPAM to the deer stand for lunch. Open it up, take out the hunting knife, cut it up in the can and have a meal.... The good old days. ?

Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/21 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spam is nothing like pork roll. I like spam, but eat pork roll a lot. Scapple is another good processed meat thing.
As for recipes try a spam cassarole, lol, cheese a few eggs , milk , add some onions cube and fry up the spam, toss with a fozen bag of tator tots and bake for like 45 mins at 350. Its good. But you can't eat it every day.

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/21 01:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.spam.com/recipes/spam-tater-tot-casserole

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> SPAM-alama-dingdong
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.