cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roadside Assistance

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pulled into a COE park and as we lowered our levelers the rear wheels began to come off the ground, so stopped immediately to retract the jacks. They wouldn't retract all the way. Called FMCA Roadside assistance, for which I pay dearly, and was told the levelers were not covered. Service came out & disconnected everything costing me a bunch, & the next day we limped home.
Guess it was my fault for not checking what was & what was not covered. But wouldn't you think levelers/jack would be covered?
What does your RA cover? Who do you use? It's gotta be better that this!
Thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
8 REPLIES 8

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto with posters!

You needed a mobile mechanic -or- a tow to a repair facility!

"RA" is a bad term for what is *normally* referred to as "ERS":
Emergency Road Service. "Digest" those three words!..:W

As others have said, carefully READ & STUDY your policy for what is covered - and what is not

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wouldnโ€™t think levelers would be covered by anybody. Most services donโ€™t cover more than a short distance from a public road, so campgrounds are often going to be no service areas regardless of the problem.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Road side assistance is my tow vehicle just broke down and I need help. Truck to shop, RV to an RV park. Two tow vehicle on for the truck & a 1 ton dully for the RV. You needed a mobile RV repair or a call to the builders of the levelers for help with the issue.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
FMCA Roadside Assistance is not a fixit program. Read your program info booklet

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Roadside assistance is just that, roadside assistance. Help on the side of the road. It doesnโ€™t cover general repairs and failures when parked.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I doubt that any roadside assistance would include repairing your levelers. I've always assumed RA includes towing, tires, batteries, and lockout.

I just checked my Good Sam RA brochure and it indicates that they will try to send a mobile mechanic for repairs, but at the customer's cost for parts and labor.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Me too. Happy with these basic services from Progressive, and rolling the dice on the rest. We've certainly spent money on repairs over the years but I don't think they'd reach what my premium would be.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
We donโ€™t have RA, but I am very interested in this thread and the answers and opinions that you get.