Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Camping in a high temperature area.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping in a high temperature area.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/21 07:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

ScottG wrote:

Not camping per se but I'm here with my TT parked at home in a car port and I'm surprised how well it's doing. Temp outside was 108+ today and the 15K AC is easily keeping it 75 inside and even the Norcold fridge is staying cool. In fact, I had to turn the fridge down because it was only 33 inside.
In fairness, the trailer gets very little direct sun but still, I'm impressed.
Thankfully, we have central air in the house otherwise we'd be in the trailer.

EDIT: OK, temp now 107 and one whole side is in the evening sun. After my wife made dinner in there and used the oven (she just had to have tater tots with her cheeseburger..). AC has slipped to 80 inside (set to 75). Turned fridge down to 4 and it's 35 inside.

I guess we would not have used the oven if we were staying in it and I could turn on the second AC.
Still, pretty good performance for an overgrown styrofoam cooler.

Wait a minute.

If I understand you correctly you are keeping both your camping trailer and your house cool when the electric grid in your area is strained to the max and people are dying from the heat.

Please Shut the AC in the trailer off and just stay in the house.

Sorry Charlie, you're too late. 78degree high today in Seattle. You can go back to your regularly scheduled program. Which should include minding your own business...
PS, this aint Texas, (lol, I was down there when their power grid actually got strained) and less than half the homes around here even have AC anyways. Maybe he was being nice and letting his family or neighbors stay in the camper for the whopping 3 days it was hot here....

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

AllegroD

Outdare

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/21 10:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We moved to our RV for a night, as the power was out. Many in our community have whole house generators. The gen sound definitely increased.

Timmo!

South-central Oregon...on the river

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/21 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A local news commentator said there are more registered boats (watercrafts) in Oregon than homes with AC units. Don't know if its true or not, but it seems about right.

miltvill

Ft. Lauderdale FL

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/21 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are in the rainy season here in south Florida. The rain cools it down from the 90s to the low 80s with 60% to 90% humidity. MOSQUITOS!

In many places it may be above 100 in the day but it cools down at night. Here in Florida it may be in the 80s at night.

2020 GMC Denali\Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab
Sold-Trail Cruiser TC23QB

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Camping in a high temperature area.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.