cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unusual Class C

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Found this on the San Mateo, CA Craig's List as I searched for used Class Cs . . .

Snow Cabin Telstar 27'

I'm thinking that the wood burning stove might be an issue.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs
4 REPLIES 4

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that the unique changes in that particular rig are a matter of taste that I personally don't care for. But I noticed a few un-tampered Telstars out there that have been garage or barn kept, in great shape. If looking for something very affordable and well constructed, look at a Telstar. There were many different floor plans available.

Of coarse the one drawback to anything that old is the gas hog E350 chassis of that era. The V10 engine introduced in the RV industry around 1998 is much more fuel efficient and less temperamental.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with 'BurbMan'. With the different layers of insulation, vapour barriers will lead to trapped condensation and then moisture, temperature changes perfect for growing mold.
I'm not really a member of the weight police, but all of the added things, walls insulation and finishings, wood trim, solar, lithium battery etc. all on an E350 chassis, the original RV was probably close to it's GVWR. I read the Craigslist on it 1994 model asking $25000,
Interesting, some nice finishings, but not for me.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
The stove doesn't bother me as much as the insulation. He basically added insulation to the inside of the wall and built another wall over it, as he points out on the cabover window. This creates multiple layers of moisture barriers that will effectively trap condensation between the layers and rot this thing from the inside out.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed the Telstar line of motorhomes many years ago. If it fit inside our garage, (too tall) maybe I would be an owner of one. I think their production was from 1985-1995.

There is one with a purple interior and a built in car phone on the wall that was owned by Barbara Streisand. CLICK HERE to see it. It might be in a museum today.