cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Peeling Decals. What to do.

d1h
Nomad II
Nomad II
Who has peeling decals on their RV and just leave it that way even though it looks terrible because the price to have them replaced is too expensive. Mine are peeling off but one place wanted to charge me $135 an hour just for labor. My unit is in fairly good shape otherwise even though its ten years old. Maybe I'll get a new one next year who knows.
6 REPLIES 6

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ya, it is the labour. Took my front cap decal off with a combo hair dryer & chemicals to get glue residue.

Took it to the sign maker. One hour later the new decal, a blown up picture that we had taken, was on.

Excellent quality material. Four years later it looks like just applied.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Finish scraping them off. They only get harder to remove,,the longer you wait. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I took my decals off the front and rear and put new ones on myself. Pretty labor intensive. But looked new again. Many just remove the old ones and go naked.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
I know who can get you much better quality replacement graphics A Forum member

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you have time and patience you can take them off yourself. A hair dryer and some glue remover will work. If they are just peeling and not cracking you should be able to finish the peeling process. Just work very slowly and make sure they are warm but not hot. It has been done many times before. Good luck and be patient.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
If you're physically capable, removing them is not technical. Sort of tedious but not technical.
I'd rather see a ghost stripe than a chitty looking decal.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold