Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How do you cancel your Extended Service Plan?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Extended Service Plan

> How do you cancel your Extended Service Plan?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
markaa14

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/21 08:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How do you cancel your ESP. I purchased a travel trailer from Camping World about 20 days ago and have decided to cancel the ESP. GAP and wheel warranty. I tried to contact the dealer where I purchased the warranties to receive a refund and so far, have not heard back from them.

Ed_Gee

Central Oregon coast

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/21 08:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

markaa14 wrote:

How do you cancel your ESP. I purchased a travel trailer from Camping World about 20 days ago and have decided to cancel the ESP. GAP and wheel warranty. I tried to contact the dealer where I purchased the warranties to receive a refund and so far, have not heard back from them.

In my experience, you need to notify the insurance company directly by letter , not email, not phone, but by written letter to be mailed. The procedure to request cancellation should be written out somewhere in that policy contract. Your dealer is out of the picture at this stage. He got his cut from the sale. Now you need deal directly with the insurance company.

Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

markaa14

View Profile

Posted: 07/01/21 09:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

According to the contracts, the Good Sam ESP may be cancelled in the first 30 days at a full refund. This is also stated on the Good Sam website.

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/21 06:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be aware that if you purchased the ESP and other "warranties" as part of the financing, the refund will go to the lender and applied to the loan, you won't get a check It will not advance your payments but instead the refund will be applied to the balance of the loan, effectively meaning the refund is applied to the end of the loan, not to the payment amortization schedule.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/21 07:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello markaa14,

Thank you for your post. Can you please send us a PM with where you purchased your unit as well as your best contact information and I will share your concerns with the leadership team and request they follow up.

Thank you,
Melissa
Good Sam Response Team

markaa14

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/21 06:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We plan to apply the payment to the loan anyway and plan to pay more toward the loan than the current payment schedule from the lender. Which means more of our payment each month will go toward the principal instead of interest and we will pay off the loan much sooner than the original schedule of the loan.

markaa14

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/21 11:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good news. I finally got in touch with the right person at the dealership. There is a form that you sign at the dealership. The form has been signed and submitted and the full amount will be refunded and applied to my loan. Thank you Camping World and Good Sam.

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/03/21 05:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

markaa14 wrote:

Good news. I finally got in touch with the right person at the dealership. There is a form that you sign at the dealership. The form has been signed and submitted and the full amount will be refunded and applied to my loan. Thank you Camping World and Good Sam.
I would still follow up on it anyway. CW does not have a stellar reputation for doing this.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

markaa14

View Profile

Posted: 07/03/21 07:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bird Freak wrote:

markaa14 wrote:

I would still follow up on it anyway. CW does not have a stellar reputation for doing this.

Yes. We will. We also have copies of the forms that were submitted with the person's signature.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/21 07:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Extended Service Plan

> How do you cancel your Extended Service Plan?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.