cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yahoo Email Program

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to help a neighbor who sends out a large monthly newsletter / emailing using her Yahoo email program.. I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH YAHOO EMAIL at all.. She says that Yahoo email will not let her send emails "BCC"... so she includes eveyones name / email address in the to line of her emails for the world to see. If anyone uses Yahoo email, is this the case or is there even a BCC function in Yahoo email? Have a Safe and Enjoyable 4th of July weekend.. thanks
9 REPLIES 9

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
To the right of the To: line you can click on "CC/BCC". That will open up both the CC and BCC lines. This is on the Yahoo Mail web site.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
amxpress wrote:
I send out emails to over 300 addresses a few times a month. Yahoo limits the number of recipients I can include in an email, so I went to gmail but I still had to break up the lists into 2. Thereโ€™s a more efficient way, but being lazy, this works for me.

X2. I also use gmail, and so far it has performed flawlessly . I donโ€™t send bulk emails in BCC, but that option shows up. As a matter of course, I always put one address in the TO field, but donโ€™t know if thatโ€™s necessary.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I unsubscribe from any newsletter that sends my email in the clear.

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
I send out emails to over 300 addresses a few times a month. Yahoo limits the number of recipients I can include in an email, so I went to gmail but I still had to break up the lists into 2. Thereโ€™s a more efficient way, but being lazy, this works for me.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well on the web version (Which is what i use) there is a BCC field but I think there are limits to how many you can put in it. Not sure. Don't normally use it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Y-Guy
A lot of the free emails have started to crack down things. Generally, they limit how many you can send at a, this is to prevent spam abuse. Yahoo will not tell you what the limit is, "In order to better enforce anti-spam policies, Yahoo does not disclose the number of recipients or emails that can be sent at one time." But if pay them you are still limited, "Outbound email messages are limited to 500 per day. Each message can be sent to, at most, 100 recipients. Please note that Yahoo Small Business doesn't provide bulk email services. We recommend signing up with a third-party bulk email provider to create a mailing list."

I'd second the suggestion to use Constant Contact or Mail Chimp - both are better designed for large group emails and protect privacy. I personally get really annoyed when I get a bulk email that doesn't mask my email. That almost always leads to me getting on some junk mail list.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
For a large, monthly, email newsletter, she might want to look into something like Constant Contact (constantcontact.com)
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
There is a BCC selection on Yahoo mail. Click Compose (and email) and it' the 3rd line after the main addree, after the CC.

I thought Yahoo had a CC/BCC place to click at the right hand side.
When you click on "To" it should be there to select.

Might have to have at least one recipient in the To for that to work. It's been a while for me...
Put your own email in the To, then select BCC at the right. Going from memory here...
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com