cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Sumo Springs

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed front Sumo Springs on my 2021 Ford E450 chassis. Easy installation however when I lowered the chassis after installation, the Sumo springs do not rest on the axle. There is a half inch gap between the Sumo Spring and the axle. Is this normal? Thanks

Sumo springs are the correct SSF 106-47 ordered directly from Sumo

Sent email to Sumo for clarification but have not received reply yet.
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler
3 REPLIES 3

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Are you certain you need extra spring assist up front? Maybe your condition is like I had where the extra weight behind the rear axle lifts the front making it lighter and higher. I addressed the condition through replacing the front coil springs with lighter-duty versions to soften the ride up front along with lowering of the front suspension by 1.25".

CLICK HERE to read all about it. I included a diagram of my weight distribution and before/after pictures.

I previously installed heavy duty versions of stabilizer bars, front steering stabilizer, and shocks to improve handling. The softer front springs actually improved handling a little bit better yet. The rig is more tame since the change in front coil springs.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Etrailer install video shows the black sumo ‘s touching .
Its a late model ford, not a 2021 but i would think they should be touching. As said, check the part number for fit.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like wrong springs.
Are they real Sumos? Model number of springs?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker