cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newmar DutchStar Chrome Exhaust Tip

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Newmar Dutchstar Freightliner chassis where the chrome exhaust tip has came off. It's a 5" tip and it is somewhat worn, but what made it fall off is the sleeve that u-bolts to the tip and slides into the muffler with another u-bolt clamp has rusted through. I would like to replace the coupling sleeve and the chrome tip, but I am unsure where to go to find a replacement. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
9 REPLIES 9

Mel_Stuplich
Explorer
Explorer
kmb1966 wrote:
I have a 2003 Newmar Dutchstar Freightliner chassis where the chrome exhaust tip has came off. It's a 5" tip and it is somewhat worn, but what made it fall off is the sleeve that u-bolts to the tip and slides into the muffler with another u-bolt clamp has rusted through. [COLOR=]I would like to replace the coupling sleeve and the chrome tip, but I am unsure where to go to find a replacement. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133345678386?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3AAQAGAAAAkJif%2BftBpCXTbC%2B%2B...

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
kmb1966 wrote:
I have a 2003 Newmar Dutchstar Freightliner chassis where the chrome exhaust tip has came off. It's a 5" tip and it is somewhat worn, but what made it fall off is the sleeve that u-bolts to the tip and slides into the muffler with another u-bolt clamp has rusted through. I would like to replace the coupling sleeve and the chrome tip, but I am unsure where to go to find a replacement. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

As mentioned many times, the chrome tip is available from several sources, although a stainless tip will hold up better than chrome.

Your second question is where to get the sleeve from the muffler to the chrome tip, and the u-bolts. The sleeve should actually go OVER the muffler output, not into it. This helps to minimize leaks. Then the tip will go OVER the sleeve. Some auto parts stores have short pieces of sleeve with the larger inlet end. A better choice would be a diesel truck service shop. U-bolts are a common item. Again, auto parts stores, or truck service shops.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Ray_IN
Explorer II
Explorer II
kmb1966 wrote:

The 5" chrome tip may be found on Amazon, but the best place is Iowa 80 truck stopIowa 80 truck stop to find it and the sleeve.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom pushed by a 2013 Chevy Silverado K1500 And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.John F. Kennedy 20Jan1961

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
I've never seen the sleeve separate without the tip. They are usually sold together as a set. Maybe a truck service center or muffler shop might have a source.
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
Corkey05 wrote:
You could change the filtering criteria for different results, but here's a good place to start.

5" Chrome/Stainless Exhaust Tip

where can I get the inner sleeve that connects the chrome tip to the muffler?

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
You could change the filtering criteria for different results, but here's a good place to start.

5" Chrome/Stainless Exhaust Tip
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

kmb1966
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
What is the diameter and Length?

The chrome tip that points downward is: 20"
The inner diameter seems to be 5"
the sleeve goes inside the tip and inside the muffler and there is a u-bolt on each on the outside clamping it together

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon about $75

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
What is the diameter and Length?