cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Are they still making this vent cover?

cannesdo
Explorer
Explorer
This is my neighbor's vent. The trailer is from the 80's. I'm not finding anything that looks like it to replace it. So what now? ๐Ÿ˜•

18 REPLIES 18

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lynnmor wrote:
bucky wrote:
Best answer.

clicky

It already had one, see the mounting screws?

This one might fit.

I know, that's why it's the easiest fix. The camper sure isn't going anywhere more than likely.
Puma 30RKSS

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Wish go fund me money would go to old ladies like this. Instead of a lifelong criminal type deal we keep seeing.
Im actually down in SD all the time. Let me know if you guys need help or need to borrow tools. Sounds like the neighbor that is redoing the roof must be pretty handy.

I wonder what happens to trailers that are totaled by insurance? If there was a local "pick a part" with trailers you could easily snag any 14" roof vent thats in good condition. With an electric drill and some type of scraper the roof vents pop off real easy. Bring a phillips and a square drive up on the roof and youre set.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
mr_andyj wrote:
common cover, should be available anywhere camper stuff is sold. How is this even a question?

It's from the 80's and there are several different styles of "common" covers, many of which are of obsolete design. It was a fair question.

Sandia Man wrote:
Looks like standard 14x14 vent, it is a lot of work, mostly removing old sealant, but at this point I would install new vent and vent cover. If money isn't an issue adding a powered vent fan would be nice, all 3 vents on our rig have this wonderful feature.

An elderly woman living alone in an 80's trailer...money may an issue.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like standard 14x14 vent, it is a lot of work, mostly removing old sealant, but at this point I would install new vent and vent cover. If money isn't an issue adding a powered vent fan would be nice, all 3 vents on our rig have this wonderful feature.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think Lynnmor is on to something.

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
common cover, should be available anywhere camper stuff is sold. How is this even a question?

You are talking about the hinged plastic vent cover, not the MaxAir vent shroud that covers the entire vent assembly? I see the screws there for the vent shroud, so am asking.

Yes, that caulking job is a mess, looks like that silver roof coating stuff from Homedepot meant for asphalt roofs. Best to scrape that mess off . Use LAP sealant this time. Or, if it is not leaking then maybe just do nothing. I would re-do it if it were me though.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
BarneyS wrote:
My guess is the one posted by Lynnmor above is probably the one needed.
Barney

Agreed. It has all the right hinges and even has the little support fin in the center abode the hinge just like the OPโ€™s pic.

Get that one.

Lynnmor wrote:
This one might fit.

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, you can get a cover. Either take it off and take it to a RV store, or take pictures. You might have to go to more than 1 store to get the right cover. I had to replace one recently, they are not universal, but they do have aftermarket replacements. The RV store I went to had actually just replaced one that was not broken and gave me the old one. Fits perfect, and in good shape.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
My guess is the one posted by Lynnmor above is probably the one needed.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
First see if you can get it off.
If you haven't done this before Here is a short video that will help you.

Then see what type vent lid you have using this to match up the hinge type,shown in the lower corner of each picture.

If that does not work you may try This One

You may need a new seal that goes on the metal edge this will make it a tight seal This is what you need

Replace like this
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
bucky wrote:
Best answer.

clicky

It already had one, see the mounting screws?

This one might fit.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Best answer.

clicky
Puma 30RKSS

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Quote: My question was... are they still making this cover?
Probably not.... but hole is a standard size that a new different cover should fit.
Good luck and nice to see you helping her out!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
cannesdo wrote:
She lost her husband a few years ago and is pushing 80. She's having the roof recoated next month by another neighbor. That will seal it up.

My question was... are they still making this cover? Or would another one they are making now with a slightly different design for this vent frame?
Bummer man. New cover and frame might be the best bet if a neighbor is redoing the roof. Nice of you guys to help her.