cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A leak at the drain valve

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
I have a leak at the drain valve on a Montana fifth wheel. It appears to be grey water and does not leak if the used lightly. I am about 50 miles from a dealer. I have not looked under the coroplast (sp.) to see if there is a gasket I need or possible just tighten some screws. Would appreciate learning what might be most likely part or parts to take with me when I go to make the repair.
Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
The main leak was where the fitting from tank joins the Valterra valve. There were 2 ribs in that area with beginning of 8" cracks of which one had a pin hole leak. Drilled a small hole at each end of crack to stop the cracks from spreading. Used West G655 epoxy seal on the leaks. Could not see any other leaks, have my fingers crossed.

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
Probably going to be a crack in the grey tank. Going to use some West Systems flex epoxy to repair.

Weldon
Explorer
Explorer
leaking thru coroplast very close to the drain valve. Cannot see the valve because it is concealed.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Is it leaking out from the coroplast? Or is it leaking from the dup outlet. Either way you're going to have to pull the coroplast down to see where it's leaking or to effect a repair. If you're far enough along to have the coroplast down, then pay the extra $10 to replace the entire valve.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

DickOK
Explorer
Explorer
Don't bother with a dealer. You are going to have to look at it. As long as you are under there just change the whole valve. Simple jub.
Dick OK