cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

do LED interior lights have bulbs that can be replaced?

trailernovice
Explorer
Explorer
Several of the interior LED ceiling lights are beginning to flicker...don't think it's a power problem because other lights on the same circuit operate fine.

Can just the bulbs be replaced? If so, how are the bulbs accessed? (I don't see a notch to 'grab' to pop the cover off...and know myself well enough to expect I could end up cracking the fixture cover in trying to get it off)
thx
Glenn and Toni
2019 Jayco JayFlight SLX8 264 BH
2019 Ram 1500 5.7 3.21 gears
Reese round bar w/d with sway control
10 REPLIES 10

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
M4 makes a number of different replacements for OEM LED fixtures that last longer, brighter, better, etc.

https://m4products.com/better-leds-for-factory-led-fixtures/

M4 has excellent products............

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Fisherman wrote:
Some of the lenses just snap off, some take about 1/16 of a turn left or right and come off. The ones I have with the center on/off button switch just pop off.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Jim-Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with M4. Replaced 4 tube lamps with conversion from M4, quality stuff.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some LED bulbs are hard wired, and some are plug-in. The plastic cover may just slide off. Pro tip: have your wife remove the cover. She is much less likely to bust the plastic tabs than you are. Don't ask how I learned this valuable lesson.

Anyway, once you get the cover off, you will know what kind of LED bulb you have. I've had great luck dealing with M4 -- they are a USA-based company, and they actually answer their emails and will answer technical questions. Their bulbs are not the cheapest, but they are high quality:

M4 LED supply

Good luck -- let us know how it goes.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
wildtoad wrote:
Most if not all led fixtures have replaceable bulbs/LEDโ€™s.

I've yet to see an OEM LED fixture that has replacement LED modules.
The mostly use a board of LEDs that's hard wired to the fixture.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
If they are discrete bulbs in a socket, then sure, check online and you can find replacements. But you probably wouldn't be asking if they were socketed bulbs that are easily replaced.

My LED lights have surface mount LED's soldered to a circuit board - those LED's are not (easily) replaceable. But flickering LED's sounds more like a driver problem than a bulb problem -- the constant current driver that powers them is probably going bad.

Probably easiest to just replace the entire fixture.

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
On mine the two lenses slide a 1/4โ€ away from center. The bulbs are bayonet style and pull out.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Most newer RVs have non replaceable bulbs in the can type lights but those non sealed like over the bathroom sink/ dining table may be replaceable.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the lenses just snap off, some take about 1/16 of a turn left or right and come off. The ones I have with the center on/off button switch just pop off.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most if not all led fixtures have replaceable bulbs/LEDโ€™s. Canโ€™t help much on how to replace yours without know what kind. A picture would help.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT