cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Highway 66 in Oregon

gamma3116
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to know if any one has traveled on highway 66? It runs between Ashland and Klamath Falls I would like to know if the road is ok for RV's Since highway 97 is closed I need another road. Thank You.
10 REPLIES 10

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
If headed north you might want to take OR62 and go around the north side of Crater Lake (or though the park from the south).

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
Dial 511 to check road conditions on your cell or home phone. I have taken 140 a few times in my RV with toad and it is a good highway.

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
Dial 511 to check road conditions on your cell or home phone. I have taken 140 a few times in my RV with toad and it is a good highway.

IDman
Explorer
Explorer
I've driven it pulling a 29' TT and had no problems. It does get winding and has some steady grade so just take it slow and easy.

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
66 and Dead Indian to the north have some serious twisties. 140 will be longer, but probably more fun with a RV. Klamath Falls is nearly as high as the Cascade Crest. You can examine these routes in detail on Google Maps.

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
Hwy. 97 has been open and closed off and on because of the fire close to 97 between Weed and the Oregon border.
I posted a answer over on the RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions page. about Hwy 66! don't take 66
J herb

gamma3116
Explorer
Explorer
The local news are saying that highway 97 is still close from Weed,ca.for 40 miles North.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
I would also like to know where 97 is closed. I don't see a closure on either OR or CA transportation maps.

I asked a few years ago about getting from Klamath Falls over to I-5. I was told on here to take 140 and not to take 66. So I took 140. It was a nice drive.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Oregon Tripcheck doesn't have anything about US 97 being closed.
I would take OR 66 and figure on taking it slow and easy.
No, I haven't been over it. On map, it looks like a secondary state highway.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I believe there is construction on OR 160 and itโ€™s a longer route
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad