Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: No shots...not getting in.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

 > No shots...not getting in.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
wapiticountry

Mountain West

Senior Member

Joined: 10/02/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/08/21 05:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

It should be required to travel across borders or on public transportation. No one has the right to endanger the health of others. There will be those who don't get shot because of religion and that is their choice but should not be permitted to travel. Those who can't take the shot due to health also should not travel due to health.
It is all a matter of choice. And it is a personal choice.
If you believe the vaccine results the only people at risk would be other unvaccinated people . With vaccines being widely available the vulnerable made the choice to be that way. I see no reason or obligation on my part to do anything to protect them.

agesilaus

North Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/08/21 05:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

If you believe the vaccine results the only people at risk would be other unvaccinated people . With vaccines being widely available the vulnerable made the choice to be that way. I see no reason or obligation on my part to do anything to protect them.


Not quite true, vaccines are not 100.000% effective. The numbers for current vaccines range from 98% down to 67% for the Russian and Chinese vaccines. Even at 98% that means for a million people vaccinated 2% of them did not acquire immunity, that is 20,000 per million or for 100 million vaccinated 2 million are not immune.
That is why all this flap about people getting the plague after getting the shots is just silly.


Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper


Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

Senior Member

Joined: 10/30/2015

View Profile



Posted: 07/08/21 06:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As the moderator said:

PackerBacker wrote:

Please keep the discussion relative to crossing the border for RVing or camping!

Moderators


JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

Senior Member

Joined: 08/02/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 07/08/21 06:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PackerBacker wrote:

Please keep the discussion relative to crossing the border for RVing or camping!

Moderators


My apologies to ALL if that was prompted by my comment.

My intention was to point out that it has been proven over & over again that the speed at which people can travel far exceeds the speed at which an infection can manifest itself.

Thus out of an abundance of caution the powers that be have decided it is necessary to slow down the potential spreading by slowing down the travelling.

The latest news on the spreading certainly seems to bear this out.

bgum

South Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/08/21 06:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

bgum wrote:

It should be required to travel across borders or on public transportation. No one has the right to endanger the health of others. There will be those who don't get shot because of religion and that is their choice but should not be permitted to travel. Those who can't take the shot due to health also should not travel due to health.
It is all a matter of choice. And it is a personal choice.


So you are saying your vaccination didn't work? That the covid shot is useless? Because if you have had it, and it works. It doesn't matter if someone beside of you has had it or not. IF it works. You are protected. How are they endangering your health?

That you don't believe it works is the very reason most are not getting it. Why get it, if it doesn't work?


The shot is to keep the crud to a manageable level and keep you out of the hospital not to keep you from getting the crud. Be aware the crud serious or not has shown to cause serious health issues including heart and lungs.

bgum

South Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/08/21 06:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pennysmom09 wrote:

bgum wrote:

It should be required to travel across borders or on public transportation. No one has the right to endanger the health of others. There will be those who don't get shot because of religion and that is their choice but should not be permitted to travel. Those who can't take the shot due to health also should not travel due to health.
It is all a matter of choice. And it is a personal choice.


It’s not a “personal choice” if you say if you don’t take the shot you cannot go anywhere.


Sure it is you have an either or choice. Having said that I didn't say you can't travel at all I said you couldn't use public transportation. As far as crossing borders their border their rules. Personally I don't think that anyone should be permitted to enter unless they are fully vaccinated. As far as Mexico and Canada open border if fully vaccinated.

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 07/08/21 07:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-ref........id19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html


2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

TexasShadow

Spring Branch, TX USA

Senior Member

Joined: 10/12/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 07/08/21 08:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you have the freedom to choose. but that doesn't give you freedom from consequences..like being blocked from entering stores or countries, etc.
no shoes, no shirt, no shots, no service.


TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power



Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.


FWC

The Wilderness

Senior Member

Joined: 09/12/2020

View Profile



Posted: 07/08/21 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It seems like Canada is planning on some pretty reasonable border policy. They have already relaxed the 2-week quarantine for vaccinated Canadians returning to Canada, and requiring vaccination for non-Canadians to visit would be in line wit that.

I just hope we (as in the global community) can figure out how to effectively provide 'proof of vaccination'. There are already fake vaccination cards springing up all over the place.

bgum

South Louisiana

Senior Member

Joined: 02/22/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/08/21 08:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the US each state maintains a database containing name, date of first shot, date of second shot, name of manufacturer, and lot number.

This how the million dollar lottery has confirmed winners. The same could be used at borders to verify shot cards.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

 > No shots...not getting in.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.