Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: 5th wheel pin lubricate
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 5th wheel pin lubricate

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
garyp4951

TN

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/21 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good old grease for me, no worries about high hitching my B&W with it's thick jaws.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/21 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyp4951 wrote:

Good old grease for me, no worries about high hitching my B&W with it's thick jaws.

To do so you would have to be blind in one eye and unable to see out the other. [emoticon]

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/21 10:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow Gary, always enjoyed your posts, and messages! But hearing of your smearing grease all over your nice B&W, IDK?? [emoticon]

I had an elderly neighbor, that purchased a new B&W, to put in his new GM. He had trouble seeing, to line things to hook up, using a 1/4" disc. I told him to get the thinner 1/8" disc. Instead he got a big can of spray grease, that he sprayed all over his pin, all over his hitch, the bed of his new truck, and likely his glasses. He gave up (health issues), sold everything.

Anyway...Gary...take a look at that 1/8" disc, that B&W now sells on their page. I will send a check, if needed, but with your fancy rig, money should be a non-issue!

Jerry

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/21 11:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That spray could lead to loss of status on the B&W Heavyweight FanBoy Club.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/21 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't knock the spray until you try it. I don't think the spray is better than a lube plate. I also agree the 1/8" plate is the solution. I have a Hensley BD3 hitch with Hollan Binkly jaws.My hitch would not latch using a 1/4" lube plate but works well with the 1/8".
If you really need more clearance or don't want to use a lube plate I highly recommend the spray. It is effective, provides adequate lubricity and no where near as messy as grease

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

garyp4951

TN

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/21 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

Wow Gary, always enjoyed your posts, and messages! But hearing of your smearing grease all over your nice B&W, IDK?? [emoticon]

I had an elderly neighbor, that purchased a new B&W, to put in his new GM. He had trouble seeing, to line things to hook up, using a 1/4" disc. I told him to get the thinner 1/8" disc. Instead he got a big can of spray grease, that he sprayed all over his pin, all over his hitch, the bed of his new truck, and likely his glasses. He gave up (health issues), sold everything.

Anyway...Gary...take a look at that 1/8" disc, that B&W now sells on their page. I will send a check, if needed, but with your fancy rig, money should be a non-issue!

Jerry

Honestly I didn't know they even made an 1/8" disc, but sounds like the ticket.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/21 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyp4951 wrote:

MFL wrote:

Jerry

Honestly I didn't know they even made an 1/8" disc, but sounds like the ticket.

Hensley has made one for several years and that is what I have used. If I ever loose mine I will buy the B&W model.

Braces

Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/19/21 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pullrite specifically says "No Lube Disc" Late yr models only thin spray lube such as WD 40.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> 5th wheel pin lubricate
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.