cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Enchanted loop NM

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a jayco 26 ft class C. Is this to big to tour the Enchanted Loop? As always replies are appreciated.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
5 REPLIES 5

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Finished the "circle" today. Was fantastic, and the RV had no problem with it at all. As always, I appreciate the advise. Now on to the Aztec Ruins and Monument Valley (again)!!!!
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have pulled a 36' fiver on 64 leaving Taos through Angle Fire to Eagle Nest to continue northeast to I-25 just south of Raton - but we only drive the western part of the circle in the car. On 64 between Taos and Eagle Nest, you can expect up to two miles of 6% grades and 20 MPH curves. Keep the driver busy...

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
The enchanted Circle/loop is one of my all time favorite drives, have done it more than a dozen times often on my motorcycle {Awesome road!}. Driving the circle is probably at its scenic best in late September/early October when the Aspen trees begin to turn and it only lasts for a couple of weeks.

Your 26' C should be fine, I have a 24' C and have even run the EC while towing my 10' cargo trailer. As noted, on 64 between Taos and Angel Fire there are very few places you can pull over much less pass or be passed safely.

The Angel Fire Resort is constantly filled with very large fivers and motorhomes with toads. Most of these folks come up on 64 but many of them probably should not as they cannot keep these larger rigs inside of the double yellow lines. Breaking your toad from the coach for that drive is a very good idea.

Take it from a biker folks... double yellow lines are inviolate. At no time for any reason should you EVER be over those lines. Imagine the thrill of rounding a tight curve and finding a large RV, 6' into your lane on a motorcycle. .. now imagine that same thrill when you are also driving a large RV. It's probably not going to end well, just sayin.

:C

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
You'll be okay. The bottom half, Taos to Angle Fire on 64, are the narrowest & twisty part. Drove it several times with 5th wheel. It's a slow drive anyway. Top half, 38, is a real good road.
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
You will be ok but may find a line of cars and motorcycles behind you or be in a line. Very few spots to pass, narrow to non-existent shoulders, altitudes above 9000ft on passes, critters on the road, weekends are crowded.
Turret Class traveler