cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mt Rainier and North Cascades

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
Planning on 2 nites in Mt Rainier next week. From what I can find, most NPS camping is first come/ first serve. Plan on arriving on a Sunday to hopefully get a spot from weekend crowd leaving. Any recommendations or tips? We are in a 22M Minnie Winnie and don’t need hook ups.

After Rainier, going to Leavenworth for a night. Any private RV parks there to recommend?

After that, I have 2 nights reserved riverfront at Beebe Bridge. Then heading up through Winthrop and through North Cascades. Just winging it through there. Recommendations appreciated for here.

Then heading back by way of Anacortes/Whidbey Island and crossing over to OP area.
4 REPLIES 4

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
I would second icicle river rv, I stayed there a couple days last summer for work. Nice people and a nice clean place.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the KOA in Leavenworth about 6 weeks ago. It was very nice.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
Only White River is first come, first served. You need reservations at Cougar Rock and Ohanapecosh (but there are a few sites that are FC/FS, and all of the good sites are reservation only). There are no hook ups at any campground in Rainier.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It's about 20 minutes down the road from Leavenworth but I highly recommend Wenatchee River county park. It's a quiet, green oasis with lots of shade.

If you want to be closer to Leavenworth, Icicle River RV park is also very nice.

All the others are either noisy, dusty or both.