Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: College Football Is Just Around The Corner, Can't Wait!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> College Football Is Just Around The Corner, Can't Wait!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/05/21 03:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bagman wrote:

Ohio State vs Utah in the Rose Bowl

I will be watching!

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/05/21 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bagman wrote:

Thank-you Dadoffourgirls! Watched Oklahoma State vs Baylor and now watching Alabama vs Georgia. Believe it or NOT, I will be rooting for Michigan tonight over Iowa as I have lived in Michigan since Jan 1973.

I am certainly glad that you were able to watch these games. And I am aware that you reside in Michigan, with an Ohio football heart. I think it has been 15 years or more on this site. I believe that you were one of the individuals who took a GM employee certificate from me.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, and remember that there are individuals that trust your football insight and knowledge.

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/06/21 11:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gotta remember we’re talking about 18-21 year old young men, a bunch known for being inconsistent. They can be brilliant one day and buffoons the next. So Michigan sent their buffoons to East Lansing and saved their brilliance for the Buckeyes, good moves except for the East Lansing part. Buckeyes unloaded brilliance on Sparty, and sent their buffoons to Ann Arbor. So, Michiganders, send your brilliance to the playoffs.

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/07/21 04:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

naturist wrote:

Gotta remember we’re talking about 18-21 year old young men, a bunch known for being inconsistent. They can be brilliant one day and buffoons the next. So Michigan sent their buffoons to East Lansing and saved their brilliance for the Buckeyes, good moves except for the East Lansing part. Buckeyes unloaded brilliance on Sparty, and sent their buffoons to Ann Arbor. So, Michiganders, send your brilliance to the playoffs.

I don't disagree. I was concerned that the buffoons would not show up in Indy. Hopefully Indy was an indication that the brilliance has been raised to a new level and provided maturity to these young men.

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/29/21 07:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So I have spent some time watching some of these bowl games. I hope bagman is getting a chance to watch as well. There have been some interesting results.

mikestock

Vestavia Hills, AL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/01/22 08:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Horsedoc wrote:

My Georgia dogs are undefeated. We play 'bama tomorrow in Atlanta for the SEC championship and 'bama is picked to lose. I predict 'bama will get 2 field goals and not score a touchdown on the best defense in the nation.

You sold my alma mater short. This was a rebuilding year and we didn't expect much but Georgia has always fallen short. I doubt if we can beat them twice, being so short-handed. We have pretty much run out of receivers but got lucky enough to face an easy opponent in the semi-final game and won without a passing game. Win or lose, our record against Georgia is pretty impressive.

I graduated in '65 and have been to a lot of games. I haven't seen Bama an underdog many times in the Sabin era but he always seems to win those games. Being an underdog is what Nick calls "yummy rat poison."

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/22 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Watched several games, including the Rose Bowl, where the Buckeyes sent their buffoons out for the first half, then the Brilliants in the second half. My hat’s off to the Utes on a great game. It turned into the shootout I expected and it’s a shame someone had to lose. Both teams did well, IMHO. Given the talent gap, it’s amazing the game was so close but Utah over achieved, which should make the sting of loss a little less.

Also gotta give a lot of credit to Jaxon Smith-Njigba. 15 catches for 347 yards, a 23 yard average is awesome, and bodes well for the future.

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 01/13/22 01:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I apologize for not contributing on this sports forum as when I get home from work, I am totally exhausted and bed is my best friend. I did watch many good college football games and I get much enjoyment doing that, but these games that start at 8:00 PM are just to hard to stay awake till the end. And sometime past midnight. However, I DVR the games and catch up with them when I have time! BTW, I think Mel Tucker at MSU did a great job turning Mich. State around! I knew his dad Mel Tucker Sr. when I was at the U. of Toledo. Bags.

Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 01/14/22 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mikestock wrote:

Horsedoc wrote:

My Georgia dogs are undefeated. We play 'bama tomorrow in Atlanta for the SEC championship and 'bama is picked to lose. I predict 'bama will get 2 field goals and not score a touchdown on the best defense in the nation.

You sold my alma mater short. This was a rebuilding year and we didn't expect much but Georgia has always fallen short. I doubt if we can beat them twice, being so short-handed. We have pretty much run out of receivers but got lucky enough to face an easy opponent in the semi-final game and won without a passing game. Win or lose, our record against Georgia is pretty impressive.

I graduated in '65 and have been to a lot of games. I haven't seen Bama an underdog many times in the Sabin era but he always seems to win those games. Being an underdog is what Nick calls "yummy rat poison."

I try not to rub it in and if Georgia was not my school, in my state and my home town I likely would not say anything. But despite some really bad officiating we still managed to whip 'bama like a borrowed mule. Bama today is likely the biggest dynasty in college football I have ever seen, including the Bear Bryant era.
Papa said a 'blind hog finds an acorn every once in awhile'. Been 40 years but the dogs did it again. Walk-on quarterback had a dream watching 'bama spank some poor team 20 years ago and that dream of his came to fruition. Best Georgia team I have ever seen.

ramyankee

North Idaho/Kootenai Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/14/22 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I only watched the three final FBS games. Was hoping for Cinci but knew what would happen. Thought Utes might come out on top. Heck of a game.Have a good friend that went to Georgia. Great game there.

My BOBCATS played NDSU for the FCS title. NDSU is a dynasty and a literal machine. My CATS got taken to the woodshed. Really did not play up to their capabilities. They needed to play their best game of the season but did not. NDSU would have won the majority of the FBS bowl game.

GOOOOOO BOBCATS

Rick and Patti ">
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ">
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> College Football Is Just Around The Corner, Can't Wait!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.