cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TransCanada Hwy, West to East

dennydecuir
Explorer
Explorer
We're planning a 2022 trip to the East Coast to view the Fall colors. From SoCal, I'd like to drive through Glacier NP into Canada and head East on the Trans Canada Hwy. We're spending a lot of time on the internet planning the segments, and it seems that RV parks are sparse. Anyone made that trip? Care to share your itinerary?

Appreciate the suggestions.
3 REPLIES 3

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Can only help from the Thunder Bay area to Sault Ste Maria. We stayed at Fort Williams Provencal Park for 3 nights. Between the history and things to see and do at the fort and surrounding area things 3 days was just right. From there we went to Wawa and stayed at Wawa Rv Resort
https://wawarvresort.com/ its a good sam park so a little of a discount. I will mention that between Wawa and Sault Ste Maria there are NO gas stations so make sure you fill up.

Out of all honesty I really was not impressed with the drive on the North side of lake superior. I guess I was hoping the road would somewhat follow the lake, for views but thats not so.

Have a good trip
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
iming for fall colour viewing can vary by a couple of weeks each year for each region. Also varies by altitude and latitude. Google various parks and search for fall folliage and it will give a general time range. Glacier Park to Algonquin Provincial Park (very beautiful and popular in fall), in Ontario is about a 4 day drive. Also the drive across the north shore of Lake Superior is a very beautiful drive.
Campgrounds are not that numerous and after Labor Day a lot of them close up for the season. I know that Algonquin campgrounds are open later because of the fall colours. Also be prepared for much cooler or colder weather, nightime temps could be in the high 20s F.
Links
Glacier
Algonquin

I'm sure that others will chime in with more areas.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
When will you start?

A lot of campgrounds close after labor day, and many more close in October.

Small cities of 30,000 and up may have a year round campground.

The Canadian Shield is lovely to look at--but I'd call it mountain driving.

To find parks in Canada use google to find the name of the city/town/location and then select the nearby tab. In the tab type in campground.

Fuel prices will be a LOT higher. Currently the price for regular gas is about $3.99 USD per US gallon.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.